What's new

2013 Fundraiser and Shaving Swag Giveaway

Come one, Come all!

Once more we wish to welcome you to the sometimes annual Support Badger and Blade Contest. This event is being brought to you by the self-appointed and self-important B&B Fund Raising Committee. Members include brianw, Luvmysuper, syngent, turtle, Argonaut, the_edski, ackvil, Dave258, maxman, ChiefBroom, AllenG, Mike H, djh and yours truly, Mr. Scruffy. Honorary members are Mystery Donor, Amishmotorboat and bosseb.

Our Story (still): We like B&B. We think that you do too. We truly enjoy our time spent here. Each of us through B&B has been afforded a wonderful source of information, inspiration, support, camaraderie and general good fun in our respective pursuit of shaving happiness and all things of a gentlemanly nature. Because of this forum and those who participate here we have transitioned from lethargic, face scraping automatons to well educated, well informed and contented wetshavers. Straights or DE’s, soaps or creams, badger or boar, regardless of your chosen setup this board has helped guide you through the process of finding what works for you. You have adopted the B&B mantra, “YMMV”.

And the additions over the last two years of new forums and subforums such as The Nib, The SE Forum, The Shooting Sports and Firearms Forum and The Brown Leaf have reflected our members' desire to expand our areas of interest as we pursue the more gentlemanly aspects of life.

Continuing the task we have assigned ourselves to assist in assuring the financial viability of Badger and Blade we have assembled a grab bag of goodies from our personal stashes to entice and reward B&B members who support this community with their hard earned coin. We don’t have a specific purpose for this fund drive other than to show support for the forum. We will leave it up to Joel and Nick to determine the best uses for the funds we raise here.

tha roolze

Here's how the contest will work:

• The format is pretty much the same as previous fundraisers. All members are eligible for the contest. We especially wish to encourage the participation of our international members. Lurkers will need to join in order to play.
  • A raffle will be held to award the goodies listed below to four deserving B&B contributors. The entry period for the raffle begins now and will end at 7:00 PM CDT on Monday May 27, 2013.
  • Any B&B member who becomes a new Copper Level ($25) or higher contributor will be automatically eligible for the raffle. In order to enter the raffle, go to the Contributor's Corner and add a post to the"2013 Contributor Contest" thread. Include in your post the words ""I'm in"". Don't forget to make your contribution before posting to this thread!!
  • Members who have previously contributed, regardless of amount, can participate in this contest by making another $25 contribution.
  • Only one entry per member is allowed.
  • The First Place Prize, Second Place Prize and Third Place Prize will be awarded to members whose entries have been selected by a random number generator on the first day following the end of the entry period.
  • Play nice. Play fair..
  • This is the most important rule – NO WHINING, COMPLAINING, CRYING, TANTRUMS, SNARKINESS OR GENERAL DISPLAYS OF BAD ATTITUDE...Violators will be disqualified at the discretion of the committee members, without refund of any contribution made.
  • Rules are subject to change at our discretion to accommodate what we feel to be fair play for all.

Note to Sabbatical-aliens: Your participation in this contest will not be considered a contravention of your sworn oath of self-denial of new shaving kit.

The Prize List!! (pics below).

:thumbup:3rd Place..shall receive:thumbup:

Schick injector razor
Unused B&B Essential Badger
Cased Merkur 33C in gold
Cased black handled Gillette Superspeed
1940's Superspeed
Gillette Blue Tip Superspeed
1950's Gillette Superspeed
Gillette Slim
refill puck Tabac
refill puck Provance Sante Green Tea SS
refill puck MWF
refill puck DR Harris Arlington
refill puck DR Harris Lavender
Speick shave stick
WCS "Everything" blade sampler pack
SOC badger brush
puck TFS Freschezza Polare SS
CO Bigelow SC 5.2 oz
Noodler's 5 O'Clock Shadow Ink
Plaiser Platinum FP
B&B Blue Coffee Mug
Shaving Stand
Star Horse / badger combo Brush
New in box Gillette Tech
New in box Ball End New
Blue Lady Gillette
A Simpson Pure Badger brush KM2 and box
Lord SC blades
Nickel plated Slim
30 Voskhod blades
Palmolive shave stick

:thumbsup:2nd Place..shall receive:thumbsup:

Cased Ranger Tech
Cased black handled Gillette Superspeed
1940's Gillette Superspeeds
Gillette Black Tip Superspeed
Schick Type L injector & Ted Pella blades
refill puck Tabac
refill puck MWF
Palmolive shave stick
Speick shave stick
New Merkur 37 slant
puck TFS Bergamotto Neroli SS
250 Astra Blades
B&B Essential Boar Red Handle
Noodler's Benevolent Blue Ink
Simpson PJ2 super badger
Gillette Blue Tip in case
1906 Single Ring
Pre-Vulfix Simpson made Coats "Fitzwilliams" Brush
Simpson Milk Churn
EverReady 1912 SE razor
Chrome plated Fat boy
M&F Group Buy brush with personalized monogram
Hoffritz Super Slant
30 Rapira Platinum Lux blades
:a50:1st Place..shall receive.:a50:

Cased Gillette President
Cased Fatboy
Cased 1940's Superspeed
Gillette Red Tip Superspeed
Schick Type L injector & Ted Pella blades
Bob's Razor Works Mastiff razor
refill puck Tabac
refill puck MWF
Palmolive shave stick
puck TFS Cuore di Lavanda Fougere SS
Gillette Slim H4
Pilot Metropolitan Gold plain
Rhodia #18 top wirebound notebook
Empty ink vials tobe filled with BBB, 5OS, Lamy Blue, Perle Noire, Skrip Red, Pelikan Brilliant Green, PR Midnight Blues and Black Quink.
Alt Process Print
Gillette Executive
80 Iridium Super blades
Huge Savile Row super badger
Clauss Straight with bolster scales 11/16
Simpson Duke
M&F Group Buy brush with personalized monogram
50 Swedish Gillette blades
1948+ Gillette Milord

But wait… There's More!!!!!!!!!! There is also a special Gold Level Prize!!!!!!

Members who contribute at the gold level ($100), in addition to being eligible for the above prizes, will also be eligible for:

Gillette Aristocrat No. 66
Unused 2009 Kent B&B LE in Butterscotch
Hoffritz pure badger brush & Hoffritz 11/16 Solingen Straight
Nancy Boy Signature SC

New leather B&B razor travel pouch
Edison Hudson Emerald Green Fountain Pen medium Nib **New Addition!**

Pilot Metropolitan medium nib. It is new and never been inked. Comes with 1 new cartridge as well as a refillable cartridge converter, presentation box with slip case.

:eek2: Yowza!

Click on the link in my signature below to make your contribution. Note: in the event an international member(s) wins any or all of the prizes, substitute prizes for those items which contain alcohol shall be awarded in order to avoid shipping restrictions.

Disclaimer: None of the B&B members mentioned above receive any remuneration from B&B for this effort and will not profit from your generous contribution(s). Razors and other items are offered as is, where is without warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. What you see is what you get. No refunds. No exchanges. Look at it this way; if you're not happy with the goodies you win, be consoled by your new paperweights and altruistic actions in perpetuating B&B.

OK, I think I got it all. Any questions, please ask.On your marks, get set, go to PayPal and contribute!!(Pictures below are in no particular order)I probably missed a pic or two, if there is something you wanted to see but can't find the pic send me a PM.

$4-20-2013_fatboy_slim_zps5e4a8ac0.jpgView attachment 335553

$BB_pen3_zpsfff89fff.jpgView attachment 335556View attachment 335557

Last edited by a moderator:
"In order to enter the raffle, go to the Contributor's Corner and add a post to the"2013 Contributor Contest" thread. Include in your post the words ""."

Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be... uh.. words in the quotes to use when posting to the thread in the Contributor's Corner?

"In order to enter the raffle, go to the Contributor's Corner and add a post to the"2013 Contributor Contest" thread. Include in your post the words ""."

Am I missing something? Shouldn't there be... uh.. words in the quotes to use when posting to the thread in the Contributor's Corner?

Thanks for saying something, I saw that too and was wondering what was up. Probably just forgot to put the phrase in there.

There is something I cannot understand about the rules. Do members who already have a contributor badge have to contribute another $25 to enter?

I asked the very same question in one of the barker threads for this contest. I also dropped Mr. Scruffy a PM (hope he doesn't mind).

Top Bottom