What's new

2011 R41 - The Quest Achieved!

:thumbsup:

Claymore V2 is as aggressive for me as the Asylum Rx but considerably smoother and the Claymore also weighs 140g+ so it’s a very formidable razor indeed! A worthy opponent for the 2011 R41.

I've never used a Claymore, but I like the sound of being smoother than the RX and just as efficient.

:thumbsup:

I've never used a Claymore, but I like the sound of being smoother than the RX and just as efficient.

Man, so many razors; so little time!
True words indeed!

And yes the Claymore V2 is most amazing.
It’s funny because the Claymore V1 looks completely different and is quite mild.
The Claymore V3 which is the current production model is also milder and looks different again.

But the Claymore V2 is a very heavy hitter and also a very controversial design.
A lot of people think it’s ugly but I think it has a really attractive Art Deco look to it.

10 hours on from the shave off there’s really nothing in it at all yet - both the R41 side of my face and the Claymore side are still near BBS so watch this space!

Last edited:
The 2011 R41 is a total star here partly because it is so good for steep angle shaving which works really well on the back of the head and partly because it is just so incredibly efficient.

I haven't shaved my head since the end of August, I'm not balding so I go back and forth with letting it grow. The MMOC with a GEM SS PTFE blade is probably my favorite head shaver, the ATT SE1/Schick Proline is right up there, both will smooth things out nicely. I don't care for too much blade exposure on my dome.

I prefer a shallow angle and it looks like the Claymore V2 would be a lot like the MMOC.

I haven't shaved my head since the end of August, I'm not balding so I go back and forth with letting it grow. The MMOC with a GEM SS PTFE blade is probably my favorite head shaver, the ATT SE1/Schick Proline is right up there, both will smooth things out nicely. I don't care for too much blade exposure on my dome.

I prefer a shallow angle and it looks like the Claymore V2 would be a lot like the MMOC.
Thanks for a good tip - I’ll try the MMOC for a head shave!

Or.. ('24)
Thanks for a good tip - I’ll try the MMOC for a head shave!
proxy.php

Ok so the results of the 2011 R41 vs Claymore V2 shave off are in and I’m shocked...
... SHOCKED!!!

There really is almost nothing in it- after the first twelve hours the results from each razor were indistinguishablebut from each other...
... but after 24hrs the Claymore V2 seemed to have shaved just marginally closer...
... and by 36hrs the results were indistinguishable again.

So I am shocked - SHOCKED! - to say that the Claymore V2 with a Proline blade is a razor which can shave as close or closer than the 2011 R41 for me.
This was a result that neither the Asylum Rx or the Cobra Classic could deliver for me and I’m very impressed.

Ha ha of course the 2011 R41 is still the greatest DE of all time though :)

Ok so the results of the 2011 R41 vs Claymore V2 shave off are in and I’m shocked...
... SHOCKED!!!

There really is almost nothing in it- after the first twelve hours the results from each razor were indistinguishablebut from each other...
... but after 24hrs the Claymore V2 seemed to have shaved just marginally closer...
... and by 36hrs the results were indistinguishable again.

So I am shocked - SHOCKED! - to say that the Claymore V2 with a Proline blade is a razor which can shave as close or closer than the 2011 R41 for me.
This was a result that neither the Asylum Rx or the Cobra Classic could deliver for me and I’m very impressed.

Ha ha of course the 2011 R41 is still the greatest DE of all time though :)
Funny how this hobby is so YMMV. Just can't get the 2011 R41 to stand toe-to-toe against the Ikon Tech. But you've sure wetted my appetite for a taste of the Claymore V2. So many razors so little time. Hey, that may become my mantra!

i have to mention that members at B&B refering to r41 2011 related to feather DX Artist Club japanese style say that r41 2011 shaves very marginally closer than DX
if someone search threads about it will find this opinion
the amazing is how a modest zamack de razor with the appropriate design achieved to be one of the most efficient shaving instruments ever created making shavers such as claymore embarrassed since it is very heavy adding to its performance and using of course the blades of feather straight razors
think what will happen if someone adds a heavy handle to r41 in order to boost it and use feather or kai de blades

Top Bottom