What's new

1st time Pu-erh drinker. Wow.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.

Golden Moon Tea - Pu-erh Organic - Loose Leaf​

puerh01.jpg

Ordered from Amazon when I ordered my tea needle.
Very different from my Breakfast Blends and Darjeelings.
Didn't follow directions exactly (that's just me, I do it all the time) Almost forgot to stop steeping at 2 minutes. The 1st steep was almost overpowering, definitely stronger, fuller than my 10 minutes steeped Breakfast Blends & Darjeeling (I prefer my tea fairly strong and, so far haven't managed to take it to bitter or unpleasant).
2nd steeping was 3 minutes and was slightly less overpowering, still full & strong.
Very earthy undertones, not unpleasant at all; wasn't quite sure what to expect, not disappointed even a little bit.
If I can actually get 6-12 steepings from 1 dose, Pu-erh could be an affordable tea, even some of the more expensive one; not the over $1,000 400 gram or so cakes, but I can see about $350-400.
Also got this.

puerh02.jpg

200 grams (total) mini-pucks, wrapped in bamboo. I'll try this after my current dose won't give up any more flavor.
Pretty sure it's not my imagination, I swear this is WAY higher in caffeine than my Breakfast Blend, almost up there with coffee, of which I've had 1 mug in over a year.
Hope to become a fairly regular poster here.

I have a puer sampler featuring some aged Sheng, new Sheng, and some Shou that should be coming in the mail shortly.

It's been fascinating to learn about puer, gaiwans, and yixing teapots recently. I'm sad I missed the puer/gaiwans in the St Sue auctions.

captp

I have a puer sampler featuring some aged Sheng, new Sheng, and some Shou that should be coming in the mail shortly.

It's been fascinating to learn about puer, gaiwans, and yixing teapots recently. I'm sad I missed the puer/gaiwans in the St Sue auctions.
Don't take offense at this, but I'm glad you missed the Auction, it probably would have cost me a lot more 😉😎

captp

I honestly had no idea what they were worth when I bid. I liked the looks of the 2 Gaiwan sets & wanted to try pu-erh. I would probably have gone a good bit above my final bid.

Top Bottom