What's new

#15 parade

Nevermind, I found it.

Even though there's some plating issues, especially on the handle, that was a good deal, Dan. Congrats. :thumbup1:

Nevermind, I found it.

Even though there's some plating issues, especially on the handle, that was a good deal, Dan. Congrats. :thumbup1:
You're quicker on the keys than me this morning, Edgar. Thanks, though!

I saw the plating issues for sure, but the '36 US OC I have is just about as bad, as are most of the other gold-washed razors I have from that era.

At your service, sir...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectors-...hgnpCimH%2FAZ04QvBMDg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Now be gentle if you're going to crush my dreams and tell me I bought a counterfeit :lol:

Nah, that was a great score for that price, even with the plating issues. #19 sets are quite scarce.

The last one I remember seeing on eBay was sold several months ago (I even posted in the eBay thread), IIRC sold for almost $600, it was a beautiful set and I even think the razor was still wrapped in cellophane but I'm not sure.

I'll try to find the post.

OK ... I can't find my post, I think it sold for almost $600, may have been almost $500 ...

Anyway, here's a picture of the set I'm talking about.

$#19.jpg

Yes, I remember that set. ;)
I removed it from my watch list a while ago. Too much stuff there :a44:

Last edited:
Please tell me it wasn't you I just out-bid on the #19, Juan Manuel.....

If you're referring to the re-listed one, it was me. Looks like a nice set. Enjoy it!

I am, Mike. It'll be interesting to see what shows up, since I had some misgivings about the whole auction. Two bidders - 1 with only 1 feedback and the 2nd with only 14 - showed up late in this auction very similarly to the first auction, but both stopped bidding $5 short of the seller's reserve. Since I felt the reserve was actually quite a bit lower than where I was setting my personal value of the set, I was ok even if the bidders were suspect. I'll never know.

As for the set's worth, I don't have a clue. I only found 1 previous offer for sale (on another site - no confirmation it sold) and that was 3 years ago for only $7 less than where I set my max, so I knew I wouldn't be run up to a value beyond where I would be comfortable. If it got away, it got away...

Well, there you are.

Congrats!!:thumbup1:

PS I agree. It's really irritating the way some sellers act... (not that I'm saying this one did it).

Last edited:
Just a little heads up. I have noticed several #15's and pre #15's for sale on the eBay UK and eBay France sites, over the past week. I have seen some go for a reasonable price. :001_cool:

Top Bottom