What's new

#15 parade

If you have a #15 I would love to see your Pictures.

I'll start with my two first:

$SAM_0930.jpg

$SAM_0933.jpg
$SAM_0934.jpg
$SAM_0935.jpg

Let's see yours

Attachments

• $SAM_0931.jpg
    $SAM_0931.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 751
John,

Wow! You have two now! I have zero! I think I like that French import case more than the razors! :lol: They look pretty good together!

Bosse, when i started this thread you were the first person I thought of. I love that set!

Wow! You have two now! I have zero! I think I like that French import case more than the razors! :lol: They look pretty good together!

Brent, after my boycott i bought the regular #15 at a fair price but like day after come across the French a5 about 1/2 price and couldnt pass it up.

You are though, the case steals the show!:thumbup:

Alan, that's not a #15? Wha5 number is it?

I'm not sure where that info came from, but the ads don't mention a #1 set. Razors in that case are referred to as ''Gillette Aristocrat''

But then they have numbers for the Traveler sets #2 and #3.

It's not the only inconsistency in that chart, though. The Popular are listed as set #4, which is incorrect.

There's a Traveler #4 but that one came with a 2-piece RFB NEW.

EDIT:

that´s what I know from old Ads:

in 1936 he has no wings, was silverplated and was only called "Aristocrat" (#2 for silver plated Traveler and #3 for gold plated Traveler)
in early Nov 1938 he has no wings, was rhodium plated and was called #15 (gold plated #19)
in late Nov 1938 he has wings, was rhodium plated and called #15, #19 (gold plated), #2 (Traveler) and #3 (gold Traveler)

Last edited:
I'm not sure where that info came from, but the ads don't mention a #1 set. Razors in that case are referred to as ''Gillette Aristocrat''

But then they have numbers for the Traveler sets #2 and #3.

It's not the only inconsistency in that chart, though. The Popular are listed as set #4, which is incorrect.

There's a Traveler #4 but that one came with a 2-piece RFB NEW.

EDIT:
So "someone" has inferred if Gillette made a #2 and a #3, then there must have been a #1, huh? Time for a Wiki update, it would seem. Thanks for the correct history.

Top Bottom