What's new

12 Blades You Need To Try

Awesome. Don't forget to share your experience with the blade. Whilst it is not the sharpest blade on earth it is by far the smoothest blade I ever have shaved with. And it's a super consistent one.

If you want to get some impressions have a look over here:
Participation PIF - The Unobtainium Polsilver Super Stainless - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/participation-pif-the-unobtainium-polsilver-super-stainless.610233/
Will do. Since I value comfort/smoothness more than efficiency, it already sounds like a winner! That being said, the regular Polsilver (Super Iridium) has a wonderful balance of both.

1) Feather. IMO the best QC/QA in the business and probably the most tried blade out there. If someone’s opinion about feathers matches yours, I’d bet you’ll share 95% similar opinions on other blades.

2) Nacets, because I think they are the best.

3) Cloud Bruce Lee, because I think they are the worst. It’s like getting kicked in the face by Bruce Lee. You won’t know good blades if you don’t know bad.

4) Blue Derby extra. Not the greens 10-16 vertical print greens were trash, there’s confusion in pre-2010 and post-2016 horizontal print greens. A good or bad kind of blade. Similar opinions from users on these will track closely with their other opinions.

5,6,7) Lord platinum class, Astra SP, and Treet classic. Mid range performers. These track closely on sliding scale of sharpness and smoothness. Lords are the sharpest, Treets are the dullest. Lords are the roughest and Treets are the smoothest. Get a feel for what you value.

7,8,9) Lord Shark trio. Pick one or all, you need blades for Shark Week.

10) Treet Durasharp. If smooth is your defining characteristic of a blade, here’s your huckleberry.

11) Gold Gillette Permasharp. If you like stupid sharp but not quite feather stupid sharp.

12) Voshkod. I think they unique enough that everyone should try them

Reactions: Pub
Glad to see Perma-Sharp on the revised list as those are in my top 10. Only other blade that I think deserves to be on the list is Treet Platinum.

Treet doesn't seem to get many recommendations, I'm becoming a fan of their carbon steel blades (Classic and Falcon). I'm tempted by the Durasharp, but it isn't clear to me how it actually differs from the Classic.

very wide spectrum of blades... some of them proved to be smooth/sharp, others dependent on the razor geometry/aggression...
nevertheless, blades are the personal quest for every wet-shaver ...

Or everyday lol!
I have to try Shark again. I think the first ones mistook my face for chum :eek2:

shark.jpg

Just tried Treet Platinum. It was...wonderful! Smooth and sharp :)

P.S. I corked one edge of the blade. It made it even better! I just recently started corking my blades, and I can tell right away which edge has been corked and which edge hasn't. Corking works! It makes the blade smoother without losing sharpness!

IMG-0709.jpg

P.S. I have yet to try a blade that does not work with the Wolfman WR2!

I hope you will do a second shave on both edges and report. I am afraid corking it will make it a one and done blade. Not that there is anything wrong with that. ;)
Will do…although most of the time I just do one shave, because I’m trying so many new blades.
Actually, I forgot I already had it pre-loaded for next time. That means there must have been something I really liked about the Treet!

OK, I got another great shave from the Treet Platinum (2)...BBS with one tiny weeper that disappeared with a cold water rinse.
The corked side was, again, significantly smoother though maybe a tiny bit less efficient than the uncooked side. But, in the end, the results were the same. I probably did a little more buffing on the corked side, but nothing that caused any irritation or wasted any more time. From now on, I will probably start corking one side of all my blades to see if they also feel smoother.
BTW, I'm using the WR2 head. There doesn't seem to be any blade it doesn't like. I also have a great pre-shave (GD), shave cream (Baume.Be), and post-shave (SV) which can't hurt hardware performance.
I saved the blade (which I rarely do) and will revisit it in the future. For now, I plan on trying others.
Next up, Star! 🌟

Wow! Another Polsilver! I will have to look for them as well. Thanks
There is one seller currently on ebay that I have bought them from in the past. You should have looked at the first few pages of the PIF challenge for this blade, there was a discussion about the difference. Yours are likely 1980s vintage and the other one is late 90s to early 2000s I think. If yours shaved well then the newer ones shouldn't be any different.

There is one seller currently on ebay that I have bought them from in the past. You should have looked at the first few pages of the PIF challenge for this blade, there was a discussion about the difference. Yours are likely 1980s vintage and the other one is late 90s to early 2000s I think. If yours shaved well then the newer ones shouldn't be any different.
I would like to try them anyway. Thanks

1) Feather. IMO the best QC/QA in the business and probably the most tried blade out there. If someone’s opinion about feathers matches yours, I’d bet you’ll share 95% similar opinions on other blades.

2) Nacets, because I think they are the best.

3) Cloud Bruce Lee, because I think they are the worst. It’s like getting kicked in the face by Bruce Lee. You won’t know good blades if you don’t know bad.

4) Blue Derby extra. Not the greens 10-16 vertical print greens were trash, there’s confusion in pre-2010 and post-2016 horizontal print greens. A good or bad kind of blade. Similar opinions from users on these will track closely with their other opinions.

5,6,7) Lord platinum class, Astra SP, and Treet classic. Mid range performers. These track closely on sliding scale of sharpness and smoothness. Lords are the sharpest, Treets are the dullest. Lords are the roughest and Treets are the smoothest. Get a feel for what you value.

7,8,9) Lord Shark trio. Pick one or all, you need blades for Shark Week.

10) Treet Durasharp. If smooth is your defining characteristic of a blade, here’s your huckleberry.

11) Gold Gillette Permasharp. If you like stupid sharp but not quite feather stupid sharp.

12) Voshkod. I think they unique enough that everyone should try them
Is Treet Durasharp the “Black Beauty”?

Revised List...aka The Best Sample Pack made even better! ;)

Polsilver 🇵🇱->🇷🇺
Feather 🇯🇵
Gillette Silver Blue 🇷🇺
Nacet 🇷🇺
Gillette 7 O'Clock (Green, Yellow, or Black) 🇷🇺
Astra SP 🇨🇿
Voshkod 🇷🇺
Wilkinson Sword 🇮🇳🇩🇪
Personna (Israeli) Red 🇮🇱
Personna Lab 🇺🇸
BIC Chrome Platinum 🇬🇷
Kai 🇯🇵