What's new

12 Blades You Need To Try

Silver Star, London Bridge?
You’re the first one to mention London Bridge! I will have to try them. I didn’t see them on most guys Top 5. That’s why I didn’t include them. But, several guys have mentioned Silver Star. Perhaps I overlooked them. Thanks for the suggestion. I already have one ready to go!

You’re the first one to mention London Bridge! I will have to try them. I didn’t see them on most guys Top 5. That’s why I didn’t include them. But, several guys have mentioned Silver Star. Perhaps I overlooked them. Thanks for the suggestion. I already have one ready to go!
Most welcome. @Mark1977 swears by the London Bridge. For me personally there is only a top 4, Feather, Med Prep, Iridium and BIC. Haven't tried the Lab Blue yet, it will probably make it a top 5.
Don't think I'll use other blades, bur having said that, I've said that before 👻

Most welcome. @Mark1977 swears by the London Bridge. For me personally there is only a top 4, Feather, Med Prep, Iridium and BIC. Haven't tried the Lab Blue yet, it will probably make it a top 5.
Don't think I'll use other blades, bur having said that, I've said that before 👻
OK, let's give 'em a try.
1639356038389.png

Polsilver - haven't tried
Feather - Love 'em
Gillette Silver Blue - Good blades
Nacet - Haven't tried
Astra SP - my first 100 blade purchase. Good blades
Voshkod - Haven't tried
Wilkinson Sword (Germany or India) - Much prefer the German over the Indian
Personna (Israeli) Red - Another good blade
Personna Lab - Tried but dulled quickly for me
Lord Platinum - Nope, don't like much in the Lord brand
Rapira Platinum Lux - Haven't tried
King C. Gillette - Great blades but in a shave per dollar, they are a bit pricy.

Not a big fan of Silver Star and I think I know why. I’m starting to realize I generally prefer coated DE blades (Treet Platinum, Bic Platinum, Astra SP, Lord Platinum, etc). I have sensitive skin and the coating seems to act like a buffer between my skin and the harsh realities of the blade.
3CA11C43-5EDB-4649-98B4-5E113F751678.jpeg

Last edited:
Just had one of the best shaves of my life with Treet Durasharp :clap: Will have to try again to confirm.

treet durasharp.jpg
The Pakistanis 🇵🇰 know how to make a razor blade! This thing was sooo smooth!! Wow. Just wow 😗
It's already the best $8 I've spent thus far in my wet shaving career (read hobby)!

Not a big fan of Silver Star and I think I know why. I’m starting to realize I generally prefer coated DE blades (Treet Platinum, Bic Platinum, Astra SP, Lord Platinum, etc). I have sensitive skin and the coating seems to act like a buffer between my skin and the harsh realities of the blade.
View attachment 1378071
Used it this week for the first time.
Obviously those who praise it have completely different skin/hair than I do.
I didn't like it. At all.

I'm with you guys on this one. I know Silver Stars have quite a few fans but they didn't work for me. I don't know if it's due to the blades being uncoated, but I found the them to be pretty harsh.
It's a pitty, I was hoping to add another blade to the "keep using list" 🤷🏽‍♀️

Just had one of the best shaves of my life with Treet Durasharp :clap: Will have to try again to confirm.

The Pakistanis 🇵🇰 know how to make a razor blade! This thing was sooo smooth!! Wow. Just wow 😗
It's already the best $8 I've spent thus far in my wet shaving career (read hobby)!
My second shave with the Treet Dura Sharp tempered my initial impression. It is still undoubtedly one of the smoothest blades I've ever tried...It almost feels like it's made with plastic instead of steel! Also, it's so thin (or seems so thin)...it's the only blade that "snapped" when I removed it from the paper wrapping! That was weird :crazy: The good thing is that it was nicely wrapped with no sticky wax dots...why do they even have those? But, the main drawback of the DuraSharp is its efficiency (or lack thereof). I had to do a lot of buffing to get a BBS. The good thing is that it's so mild, you could buff all day without irritation! So...very interesting, super-smooth blade...but I will need more shaves with it to make a final determination.
P.S. For some bizarre reason, the uncorked side felt smoother than the corked side. It's like "the laws of physics cease to exist on its stovetop."

KennyG what wolfman did you end up with ?
I know we were close on a lot of razors ?
That is on my list soon
going to get the 95 timless plate First and put my name in soon on the wolfman

KennyG what wolfman did you end up with ?
I know we were close on a lot of razors ?
That is on my list soon
going to get the 95 timless plate First and put my name in soon on the wolfman
I have the WR2 .95 SS but it’s too heavy. I’m going for the Ti next time.
I have the .95 Timeless SB Ti if you want to try it.

The Pakistanis 🇵🇰 know how to make a razor blade!
I'm curious as to your comparison between the Treet Platinum and the Dura-Sharp (blue pack).

Spoiler alert: my opinion is that both are at least very good blades, but the Platinum works better for me. It seems sharper and more efficient, and nearly as smooth as the Dura-Sharp. I like both, but the Platinum seems to deliver a little more closeness. On the other hand, if I need a to do a quick and maybe somewhat reckless shave, the Dura-Sharp might be the choice, as it is a very forgiving blade.

I'm curious as to your comparison between the Treet Platinum and the Dura-Sharp (blue pack).

Spoiler alert: my opinion is that both are at least very good blades, but the Platinum works better for me. It seems sharper and more efficient, and nearly as smooth as the Dura-Sharp. I like both, but the Platinum seems to deliver a little more closeness. On the other hand, if I need a to do a quick and maybe somewhat reckless shave, the Dura-Sharp might be the choice, as it is a very forgiving blade.
Sounds about right, although I need to do a side-by-side to confirm.

Just tried Treet Platinum. It was...wonderful! Smooth and sharp :)

P.S. I corked one edge of the blade. It made it even better! I just recently started corking my blades, and I can tell right away which edge has been corked and which edge hasn't. Corking works! It makes the blade smoother without losing sharpness!
Maybe I should try that on a Vokshod! Could not make it any worse!!

Last edited:
There are thousands of DE blades out there. But there are some that should be "required reading" for anyone serious about wet shaving. I'm willing to bet you will like at least one of the following because they are on most guys Top 5:

Polsilver
Feather
Gillette Silver Blue
Nacet
Astra SP
Voshkod
Wilkinson Sword (Germany or India)
Personna (Israeli) Red
Personna Lab
Lord Platinum
Rapira Platinum Lux
King C. Gillette

Newbies, you can thank me later! ;)
Yeah you got that right! The Personna Red, Nacet, GSB, Astra SP and PolSilvers are all some of my favorites just got to add Gillette PermaSharps!!!

View attachment 1378071
Many fellow gents believe the Bic Platinum Crome are great for ppl who want a super sharp blade but still relatively smooth. I’ve heard them be compared to feathers on the third Shave. But! You don’t have to cork them! I never understood why people would use a perticular blade that they have to cork to get them to work properly… Ppl who use feathers be like “it shaves best on the 3rd or 4th shave”. YOU WANT A BLADE THAT GIVES YOU GREAT SHAVES FROM THE RIPPPPP! But yeah they are like feathers only smoother and don’t make you bleed to death! 🩸 💀 🪶 🛑❌

Top Bottom