What's new

1000th Post PIF

$round 3.jpg

@Heckle @SamariJack @doofus @matwho @misterbryant @Mushraeddur @mr_houston @Shawnboy @HazMat Shaver @Bridgelover @tylehman @llee89x @golem @Mike1911 @o8di @Jsouthard825

Congratulations on making the cut to Round 3!!:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Round 4

THE FIELD is locked away for the Round 4 clyde72 1000[SUP]th[/SUP] PIF Cup.
Starter holds the button … they’re off!
Great line out and listen to the crowd. golemjumped well, Alessandro away, Volta revved-up and steaming forward. Mushraeddur pressing on too with llee89x nice and prominent. As they head towards the winning post the speed is on early, misterbryant’s not too far away, with llee89x on his heels as they sort themselves out. SamariJack is third on the inside,Mushraeddur is on his tail, but the rider's looking to get in nearer the rail from misterbryant, who has taken up a nice position on the inside. He’s followed two lengths away by a wall of them: mr_houston’s underneath it with HazMat Shaver over on the inside. Shawnboy was next, and o8di, followed by Mike1911 and tylehman. Then came Bridgelover in front of doofus and Heckle. golem has gotten well back towards the end from barrier 1, and three away at the back is matwho.
So they’ve settled down nicely and it’s llee89x in front – he’s gone out by about four lengths now. Alessandro Volte second, and they’re striding along at a good tempo.’s llee89x and SamariJack is getting a lovely run in front of misterbryant getting a good run on the inside. Mushraeddur next, in front. Then HazMat Shaver and mr_houston, with Shawnboy following those. A couple of lengths to o8di, with Mike1911 on the inside. tylehman next in front of Bridgelover, doofus, golem works his way away from the inside and at the back is Heckle and still last and a long way off this tearaway leader is matwho.
About 1800 to travel in the cup and Honolulu is ensuring it’s run at a good tempo – it’s gone further clear, about 8 in front now. llee89x still second on the inside of SamariJack being followed by Mushraeddur – the great Irish stayer hasn’t spent a penny. misterbryant, the last-start Geelong Cup winner is next from mr_houston was next from HazMat Shaver, who's drifted back but has saved ground, Shawnboy is next, also on the inside, trailed by Mike1911 and tylehman, Bridgelover's the first to go, he starts a move out wider, doofus revved-up gets onto its back from golem, Heckle is still well-back and in some traffic, with Jsouthard825 and Mike1911 in front of those and matwho brings up the rear.
At the 1000 in the Round 4 clyde72 1000[SUP]th[/SUP] PIF Cup, he’s come back to them on Honolulu and, llee89x is ridden up in second, Bridgelover strides around them confidently and moves to third. He's travelling sweetly and he’s looming large for SamariJack in traffic but bolting, HazMat Shaver getting into the clear, will start its run shortly as they approach the bend, Mushraeddur getting a bit more room now too. mr_houston and tylehman next, then Mike1911, Shawnboy sticks to the inside and cuts the corner, golem hooks wide as they swing, but it’s still a long way back, but its about to launch a claim, as is matwho, both about to let down, and further back to Jsouthard825.
400 to go, and Bridgelover took the lead in the cup. He’s dashed two lengths clear. HazMat Shaver winds up, he’s out after Bridgelover, Mushraeddur warms-up too, here comes the champ and wider out, look at golem, he’s gobbling up the ground. Further back to SamariJack and Shawnboy, with llee89x knocking up.
200 out, Bridgelover still a length in front, Mushraeddur pegging him back, the jockey's throwing everything at HazMat Shaver and golem continues to fly. golem grabs Bridgelover, Mushraeddur and HazMat Shaver go with golem, but it’s golem a half in front, he’s home, golem advances to round 4 by three-quarters. HazMat Shaver is next, a nose to Mushraeddur but it’s a photo. Bridgelover’s in again. A brave effort. Heckle got home OK with misterbryant not far off. SamariJack and Shawnboy went over the line together. matwho got home late from the very back and didn't make the cut. Good run. doofus was next, with o8di and tylehman. llee89x and mr_houston came in together, with a further break back to Jsouthard825. Mike1911 didn’t fire. What a race!!

So the winners of Round 4 are:

Wonder who will make it to next round?

Last edited by a moderator:
$freaking-excited.jpg

Watching the UFC and decided to see whats going on here. All sorts of notifications. Glad you're making it fun vs. just saying here you go. My luck is holding out longer than I expected.

This is great. Fantastic race. Felt like i was at the track. Wait, i was. Made it again. Im in the middle of baking a cake for the wifes 60th b-day and this at the same time. Trying to keep from burning the thing. $1474777654209-2037908353.jpg
This batch aint looking good.

Last edited:
Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the way I've decided to do this.
I wanted to make it as fun as I could. Instead of just announcing the winner.

Top Bottom