What's new

Newbie - Current Setup & Overview

I used an O.C. razor for the first time tonight. Thanks to @DHowz for selling me the Timeless titanium O.C. .68 plate! I got the cap and handle in titanium as well from Timeless so not only my first O.C. but my first Titanium razor as well. Wow! What a thing of beauty. I would say this is the most efficient razor I have used thus far in my journey. I used a new Personna blue blade with cool/cold water throughout the usual 2 pass shave I do: WTG throughout then XTG on the face and ATG on the neck. The first pass was perfect. The second pass I got 2 weepers, 1 on each side of the neck on the ATG pass with some mild redness and burn with alum. I attribute the weepers to the amount of pressure I used, I probably should have used ZERO pressure with this razor. Overall a DFS++ shave after 2 days of growth and I am very pleased with the results. 4.5/5 on the Shave Den app rating scale. Thanks!
IMG_5549.jpeg

Back when I started Wet Shaving my Kit was simple, not too pricy.

Gillette TTO razor, recall it was all silver color, not adjustable.

Gillette Blue Blades, they were what most people used, and if you did not dry between shaves. They rusted.

Large Coffee Cup to hold Drug Stire Soap Puck.

Generic Brush assume it was Bore, it too was cheap.

Septic Pencil to stop blood, and supply of Toilet Tissue to stick to weeps to stop blood.

We learned by doing, got nicked, got cut, shared our shaving stories with no one. Why no one cased too.

SOTD: 06/12/2024

Razor: Blackland Blackbird Lite

Blade: Personna Comfort Coated, 2nd use

Brush: Captains Choice

Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Bowl

Preshave: Proraso Sensitive Cream

Soap: Proraso Sensitive Cream

Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave

Balm: Proraso Sensitive Balm

Additional Care: Shave Nation Alum

Additional Care: Thayers Original Witch Hazel Aloe Vera

72 hours since my last shave and went with the Blackbird Lite and a Personna (2). Got a fabulous DFS++ shave with no weepers or nicks. Minimally alum feel on the lower neck which is fairly typical especially when I do 2 passes and touch ups.

6/5 DFS++ shave.

Ordered the regular Blackbird plate which should have been here today - hence why I was going for the 72 hour + growth but delayed in transit USPS as usual. Funny it made it all the way to my town out for delivery then said it had to get rerouted? Baffled by all the mail carriers public and private…

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

SOTD 06122024.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I used an O.C. razor for the first time tonight. Thanks to @DHowz for selling me the Timeless titanium O.C. .68 plate! I got the cap and handle in titanium as well from Timeless so not only my first O.C. but my first Titanium razor as well. Wow! What a thing of beauty. I would say this is the most efficient razor I have used thus far in my journey. I used a new Personna blue blade with cool/cold water throughout the usual 2 pass shave I do: WTG throughout then XTG on the face and ATG on the neck. The first pass was perfect. The second pass I got 2 weepers, 1 on each side of the neck on the ATG pass with some mild redness and burn with alum. I attribute the weepers to the amount of pressure I used, I probably should have used ZERO pressure with this razor. Overall a DFS++ shave after 2 days of growth and I am very pleased with the results. 4.5/5 on the Shave Den app rating scale. Thanks!
View attachment 1858031
Another hearty congrats on the Timeless Ti 0.68OC... It is a wonderful razor... though I'm mixing SS cap and baseplates with the Ti ones... just to get a balance perfect for me... The Ti Crown is my very favorite razor handle...

SOTD: 06/21/2024

Razor: Timeless Ti68 S.B. Plate (also have the O.C. plate)

Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless, 1st use

Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2

Bowl: Timeless Razor Bowl

Soap: Proraso Sensitive Tube Cream

Aftershave: Zingari Watchman Aftershave

Balm: Zingari Watchman Balm

Additional Care: Shave Nation Alum

Additional Care: Thayers Original Witch Hazel Aloe Vera

Used the Timeless Ti68 S.B. with a new Feather blade. Applied some Blue Atlas shave cream as a pre-shave (it says it’s a shave cream but can’t be lathered with a brush, I tried, it also seems very thin but slick. I then lathered up some Vetiver shave croap and that was also sort of thin and didn’t seem like it would protect very well. Since I was using a Feather blade (second time trying it and the first wasn’t very good - several months ago) I decided to go with Proraso sensitive shave cream instead. I am most used to Proraso shave creams so I got a nice lather and went from there. Due to recent excessive irritation (likely related to consecutive days of ATG shaves on the neck) I decided to go with a 1-2 pass WTG shave. The first pass went very well. I used as close to zero pressure as I could. No issues with that pass so I rinsed, relathered, and went for a 2nd/cleanup pass also WTG. My second pass was again successful without any weepers, nicks, or irritation. Rinsed again (cool-cold water throughout) and used the alum stick which shocked me because I was anticipating some burning or stinging but I had zero feedback with the alum. This was amazing, almost all my shaves have given me at least a tingle on the neck but this time nothing. Cleaned everything up, rinsed again with cold water and went with some witch hazel and Zingari Watchman balm. I would say this is a DFS. I am certainly comfortable with this level of shave on a daily basis and fully anticipate the irritation I was recently experiencing on the neck will subside if I follow this same pattern of a 1-2 pass WTG passes (maybe a WTG and a XTG if I feel the need). I’m going to see how this plays out since I enjoy shaving every day but want to eliminate the irritation. I am thinking I’ll have to do this similar process. I was amazed that the Feather blade and the “aggressive for me” razor worked so well together. I have to give this a 4.5/5 and the only reason it’s not a 5 is because I have some residual redness and bumps from the past couple days still lurking around. I thought also it couldn’t be a 5 if it’s not BBS but I might scrap that thought process. I would much prefer a DFS with no irritation than a BBS and my face feeling and looking terrible. Can’t wait to try it again tomorrow. Have a great night friends.

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

SOTD 06212024.jpeg

Top Bottom