What's new

100% Noob to the brown leaf

So, it looks like im moving to a smoke-friendly apartment community! I will be breaking in my Mr. Brog the evening we move in. Saving it till then!

Excellent plan! I have a Mr Brog in shipping on its way, another picked out for next paycheck... I'm going to spend on pipes and not have enough left for TAD... lol

So, it looks like im moving to a smoke-friendly apartment community! I will be breaking in my Mr. Brog the evening we move in. Saving it till then!

Fantastic! Just remember leather furnature is better for a smoking room as it doesn't hold oders like faberic. We look forward to seeing your smoking den once you get all moved in!

Have you had a chance to try the Squadron Leader and Bob's Chocolate Flake yet?
That's also what I'm saving for the first night in my new abode. I can't wait to dip into it, thank you again for you generosity! I will post here what I think of them. I will also be purchasing some shortcut to mushrooms!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's also what I'm saving for the first night in my new abode. I can't wait to dip into it, thank you again for you generosity! I will post here what I think of them. I will also be purchasing some shortcut to mushrooms!

Cool. You may want to place them in a small tupperware. Ziplocks aren't perfectly air tight. Of course, it is a bit moist to begin with, but it is easier to let it sit out for 15 minutes to dry a bit than it is to rehydrate. Let me know about that Shortcut to Mushrooms. I want to know if it is just a name, or do you taste mushrooms. That would be bad for me, shrooms make me retch.

T-Minus 13 days until I break in my Churchwarden! It's tempting me daily, and looks so good on its display. Can't wait for my first smoke in my new home.

Here it is gents!!! The moment I've been waiting for. Squadron leader in my Mr. Brog #14 Churchwarden, in my new home. Tobacco Courtesy of oc_in_fw
Sorry for the sideways pic, enjoying too much to correct it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 41
Squadron Leader is great stuff, I enjoy it immensely! Owen (oc_in_fw) is a mensch for sending some to you! :thumbup:

Here it is gents!!! The moment I've been waiting for. Squadron leader in my Mr. Brog #14 Churchwarden, in my new home. Tobacco Courtesy of oc_in_fw

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Glad you liked it, Gareth. When I place my order, I will send you some Frog Morton.

On edit- I dig that pipe.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Squadron Leader is great stuff, I enjoy it immensely! Owen (oc_in_fw) is a mensch for sending some to you! :thumbup:
When I first got to the BL, a member sent me 12 samples so I could figure out what I like. I am an ametuer in comparison.

Smoking bobs chocolate flake courtesy of a friend. Good stuff! Although I feel I may have packed it incorrectly. They're longer flakes than other tobacco I've smoked.

Last edited:
Packing properly is a feel and experience thing. Do it wrong and you'll know what to adjust on the next bowl. Do it right and you'll know what to repeat.

Smoking bobs chocolate flake courtesy of Owen. Good stuff! Although I feel I may have packed it incorrectly. They're longer flakes than other tobacco I've smoked.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Smoking bobs chocolate flake courtesy of Owen. Good stuff! Although I feel I may have packed it incorrectly. They're longer flakes than other tobacco I've smoked.
I just rip it up into small pieces, and kind of rub it between my thumb and forefinger. Then I air dry it for 15 minutes, load it, and light it. Glad you like it.

I really need to practice my loading. I get about 2 or 3 puffs and have to relight. I tamp it, light it again and get a few more puffs and then a relight. Maybe im expecting too much, or maybe im packing it awfully.

I started off like this as well, it just takes time. There is no substitute for practice, and who doesn't like practicing pipe smoking?

I really need to practice my loading. I get about 2 or 3 puffs and have to relight. I tamp it, light it again and get a few more puffs and then a relight. Maybe im expecting too much, or maybe im packing it awfully.

Well, on one hand theres absolutely nothing wrong practicing pipe smoking.
On the other hand, I have no idea how to do it properly!

Re-lights are not improper. Heck, nothing is really improper except puffing away like a steam-ship and getting massive amounts of "tongue bite". Don't over think it! Sit back, relax, and puff away whilst learning....

Re-lights are not improper. Heck, nothing is really improper except puffing away like a steam-ship and getting massive amounts of "tongue bite". Don't over think it! Sit back, relax, and puff away whilst learning....
Fair enough sir. I think I'll have myself a proper smoke when I get home.

Top Bottom