What's new

Cavendish aromatic blends

...and pens, and coffee, and razors, and fragrance, and whisky, and watches, and music, and...

:001_tongu

What makes this one tricky, is we have different options available, depending on where we are. I don't think the Ashton, Chieftain, or Comoys that are on my short list are available over there, never mind the lesser known Gawith blends. Of course, many (most) of your options won't be on the menu here either. There's maybe only Peterson and Solani that's available to us both, and occasionally (for you guys) Sam Gawith. Possibly the Rattray's versions of some of the Peterson's. 🤔

In that vein, Peterson Special Cut (formally Nutty Cut), Luxury Blend, and Connoisseurs Choice are currently on the short list, along with Solani Red.
Exactly! There are all types of snobs …

Heck we are snobs too. We talk about how the majority of men use canned goo and cartridge razors. Further to that, there is sub group of snobs who think that mass market brands like Nivea, Proraso, Lea, La Toja and Palmolive are not as good as Barrister and Mann, Fine Accoutrements, Razorock, Sterling Soaps, Noble Otter, Phoe & Beau and so on.

I started wet shaving 15 years ago and the benchmark for creams were Proraso, Musgo Real, Castle Forbes, 3Ts and Dr. Harris. For soap it was Tabac, L'occitane, Mitchell’s Wool Fat and 3Ts.

My go to baccy is pure Virginias incl OGS. But, when I am in the mood for something different, I’d smoke an English or an aromatic. So my cellar (if one wants to call it that) has a ratio of 50% Virginias, 25% English and 25% aromatics.

Upto 40, I was highly opinionated and judgemental and would have said smoking aromatics was like smoking flavoured sugar. But being opinionated and judgemental was an effort, always hanging over my head. I freed myself from it.

So smoke whatever you like, that brings enjoyment without disturbing the peace/bother of people around you.

Top Bottom