What's new

1,000th post aftershave PIF: A sampling of my den.

Here's the deal, guys. I've been a member of this place for about a year and a half now. I've been here for a while, but I only like to post if I feel like I'm contributing to whatever thread I'm reading. So here we are: a year and a half later I've finally made my 1,000th post. I wanted to plan a cool PIF in honor of hitting quadruple digits, so I thought of what I'd like to do. Aftershaves are my biggest shaving-related vice and thus I have a bunch of them. I also like decanting. Get the idea? That's right, I'm offering a dram (4 ml) decant of every aftershave in my den. I'm still on campus, but I'll be heading home come Friday. Most of my aftershaves are at home, so I don't have pictures. I will, however, list them all here. Again, the winner will receive a 4 ml decant of each aftershave I have in my den. These are all I can remember off the top of my head:

Speick
Alt-Innsbruck
Musgo Real
Lucky Tiger
Old Spice Pure Sport
MANDOM
Floïd Suave (Spanish)
La Toja
Santa Maria Novella Lavender
Clubman
Clubman Vanilla
Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Jason 6-in-1 (gel)
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood
Saint Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus (a personal favorite)
Art of Shaving Lemon gel

I'll also include a good sized glob of 444 balm as well as samples of Speick, Musgo Real, and Art of Shaving Sandalwood creams. I'll also throw in an Erasmic shave stick that professorchaos generously gave me.

So what are the rules? Here they are. To be eligible, one must:

1.) Have a join date after mine (I'm going by month, so December of 2009).
2.) Have fewer posts than I do.
3.) Have a good number of posts that genuinely contribute to the board (not just a bunch of ":thumbup1:" or "Cool razor!").
4.) Have tried or own(ed) no more than five of the products being offered...this is, if I counted right, 20 different products and I don't want someone taking advantage of this just to get one or two things. I know this might be super limiting, so I'll make changes as necessary.

So that's it. This is all relying on the honor system, so please be honest (I don't anticipate it being a problem though. :thumbup1:). Like I said, I'm on campus until Friday so I'll leave it open until Friday evening...I'm not going to tie a specific time to this because I want as many people as possible to be able to take advantage of it. I'll announce when it's closed by posting a picture of the prize package.

Just post saying you'd like to be considered and I'll use a random number generator to pick a winner. Good luck and thanks for being a part of a great community!

Last edited:
Great PIF. too many choice for me, i haven't owned any, but do NOT want to be considered.

i have some Trumpers samples to use and some Portland General Store samples coming my way, by way of another PIF.

great offering for someone to try out a whack of aftershaves.

good luck everyone.

WOW that is one heck of a PIF! I have only started into the world of aftershaves, with my recent purchase of Vitos Lavanda. Aside from that, I haven't used any other splashes!

If you deem my posts worthy, I would like to be included please! :biggrin1:

WOW that is one heck of a PIF! I have only started into the world of aftershaves, with my recent purchase of Vitos Lavanda. Aside from that, I haven't used any other splashes!

If you deem my posts worthy, I would like to be included please! :biggrin1:

You're in!

To clarify for everyone, the "posts must contribute" rule wasn't meant to scare people off...all it really takes is for me to view someone's posts and it's easy to tell in half a page whether or not he's making good posts. Just like the honesty thing, I don't see it being a problem for anyone who wants to enter. Don't hesitate to put your name in!

Wow! What a nice PIF!

I have some Booster's AS, Old Spice and others, but only Clubman on your list. I'd like to be considered, please.

Great PIF!

I would like to be considered for this PIF. I haven't tired any of those, Clubman Vanilla sounds nice. AoS Sandlewood AS Balm and some Gillette AS balm is all I tired so far.

Thanks,
Mark

I'd like to be considered, I don't believe any of my posts contributed much to the overall betterment of the board...but I did contribute financially if that is of any consolation.

I'm mainly interested because the only aftershaves I have tried or own thus far are limited to Nivea and several Clubman scents. Thanks for the awesome opportunity and congrats!

Please consider me. I have not tried any of the ones you have listed but I will be looking them all up now. Especially the Saint Charles Shave Mediterranean Citrus.

Thanks.

I've only tried Spieck, I have less posts than you and I joined after you. I think I'm eligible, so count me in!

Requirement #3 might be a problem though :lol:

too much time spent in the Clown House has doomed me!:blushing:

Very generous PIF, though. Congratulations on 1K.

Great PIF! Clubman is the only one I've tried on the list. It's great changing up scents all the time and I'd love to have a chance at this list.
Thanks

Top Bottom