What's new

Van Der Hagen DELUXE boar brush.

Item Description

Well that better brush was VDH's Deluxe boar brush. It has a textured cream handle as apposed to the Natural brush's slick green handle. It has only lost about 3 hairs in the first week I've used it, unlike the 2 dozen hairs that were shed by my first VDH brush. Now I did not expect much from my first brush but it worked. I didn't think their would be any difference between the natural and the deluxe but they made this one of much better quality hair, as bowl lathering takes me about half the time and more lather makes it to my facce, using this brush. This is a brush is a great improvement and is well worth the extra $2 and a little more time looking.

Latest reviews

Pros: Price
Cons: Lather
First brush, it was cheap and I was still in the world of the cartridge. When first trying to lather with the brush it was just not performing, at all. I could put as much soap as I wanted onto it and there was virtually no lather.

I ended up getting an AOS badger brush (sorry not sure about purity). And first time using it the lather was beautiful (same soap, bowl, everything except new razor). That being said, the money is worth a badger brush hands down.

Now, if you are looking for a brush to oil your rifle. This brush would be perfect! It is cheap enough that if you want try using it to build lather, by all means go for it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Pros: cheap cheap
Cons: Sheads like a golden retriever
for only a few more $ I can think of many alternatives that would be ten times better. dont waste yoru money on this CVS brush.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Inexpensive, large handle
Cons: low quality boar
I got this in the VDH Deluxe shave kit at walmart for $8.50. about $2 of that for soap, say $3 for the bowl and I'd say it's probably a $3-4 brush. Do I expect much? No, but it works and I find the handle very comfortable to hold (what can I say? I have big hands) Is it a badger? No, is it my Semogue? No, but for the cheap brush I got in a starter kit from walmart, I figured if I replaced it all by the end of the month it was worth it. With the shaves I've been getting since this kit got me into wet shaving, it has been TOTALLY worth it. Even with my Semogue, Omega and Badgers, this guy still gets pulled out on occasion for a quick facewash lather on occasion.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)