What's new

NEW Loreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-irritation After Shave Balm with S

Item Description

I was a bit confused when I first learned that the best thing for a fresh shaved face is an Alcohol-FREE after shave. I didn't know they even existed so I went out to Wal-greens to do some field work. The Balms I saw were Brut, Nevia, and this. All were in the same price range so I went on smell. L'oreal's Men's Expert line products all have the same scent and let me tell you they picked a great one. I brought it home and my girlfriend fell in love with my new wetshaving hobby all over again. I went out today and bought the pre-shave face wash and the hydrator. Strangly 80% of the line are moisturizers, everything has the dual intention of moisturizing with some side job(wrinkles, crowsfeet, very womanly needs) so I only hit the basics. I'll review the others later but now the After shave.

It was $6 and some change for a 3.3 oz (100 ml) squeeze tube that's shape resembles a deoderant stick. I only use a pea size ammount and it does feel greasy at first but after about 10 seconds it is completely dry, my face has not felt dry (but not oily either) since I bought it, and I only use it once in the morning. It also serves the dual benifit of moisturizing my hands. I rub it on both hands before rubbing it on my face and that little bit moisturized my hands as well so that several horus later my girlfriend asked if I used hand lotion.
This stuff is realy great-- cheap, smells great, moisturizes like a dream, and cools and drys the face as well as (if not better than) Alcohol based after shaves which I will never go back to.

Latest reviews

I have tried a lot of aftershave balms both high priced and cheap. I have to say that I like this one better than most. For the money, it does a great job. It has a clean scent, it absorbs quickly, it is a great moisturizer, and really sooths skin irritation. It also has SPF 15 Sunblock. It works well after using an alum block and also with Aftershave Splashes and EDT's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is an overall great product for the price. It does a great job moisturizing and soothing irritation, and the scent is awesome. My only complaint is the lack of a cooling sensation. If they somehow managed to add the cooling sensation of Proraso, I might not ever use anything else!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
I can't find it by me anymore, but this was a great product. I like that it's designed to reduce redness. I feel that really helps with razor burn. It's so good my ex used to steal it from me and use it on her legs. Part of the reason she's my ex now.

Item information

Added by
J Howard
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from J Howard

Top Bottom