What's new

VAn Der Hagen Delux Shave Soap

Item Description

I had seen this brand, but never tried it. So why not. It lathered alot better than William's but it does not leave the face as soft as William's. The price is a little bit more thatn William's price, but the size of the soap is larger, though it seemed to go faster. It took a little while longer than William's to lather, but when you finished, the lather was much better. I loved the feel of a new cake in the my hand. Inexpensive. Found almost at any drugstore in the states. The box is green and has a VHD seal, but says "deluxe shave soap" with Aloe Vera & Shea Butter for Dry Skin - Heavy Beard." I did not think the mosturizing was all that great. The company is out of Texas: www.vdhent.com and it seems they also make those cheap boar hari shave brushes you see at Walgreen and CVS. But looking at their website, it looks like they also sell badger hair brushes.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great price, great lather and easy to lather
Cons: Could have a better scent, could be a bit more slick
Would be very tough to beat this soap for the price and the fact you can get it at most drug stores. It is definitely in my rotation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Definitely a soap I plan to keep in my rotation for as long as I can because it has a fairly decent scent, very good lather and a nice way of moisturizing the skin.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, lathers great
Great product for the price!
I found this little puck at my local Walgreens and purchased it. I test hand lathered and was impressed with its lather ability.
It feels quite moisturizing.
It is hard but not a triple-milled soap so it's life will be a lot shorter.
I am not particularly fond of its scent, it smells soapy, so I am judging that it is an unscented product. but is faint so does not bother me really. I would just prefer if it actually had a scent to it.
so over all I am very pleased with the soap. Lathers well, didn't pay much for it at all, so it is better than I was expecting.
with the plastic container it comes in this soap would be a great little travel soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)