What's new

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Cream

Item Description

A recent visit to Truefitt & Hill in London also meant an introduction to their brand new series, Sandalwood.

It is perhaps a little too much calling it a series, since it initially only consists a Shaving Cream, an Aftershave Balm and a Cologne. Whether there will come more to the series or not I do not know, but after my first experiences with it, one might both hope and expect it.

The more than 200 years old company is known for its quality products and it also goes for this new Shaving Cream.

Sandalwood is not a new scent inshaving soap and cream , but this is something different with a special scent that is as modern as it is classical. It is a fragrance just of my taste, exclusive but still fresh and yet discreet. I like the feeling of well-groomed gentleman, it gives me.

I am actually an incarnate "soap-man", so therefore the first thing that strikes me is, why do we always get creams supplied in plastic tubs, while soaps are available in beautifully turned wooden bowls?

The cream is soft and easy for loading a shaving brush. Place the brush on top of the cream and turn it a bit and there is plenty of cream for a nice shave in three or more passes.

It is glycerin-based and very easy to lather up, and although it’s only a few times I've used it till now, then it succeeded every time to make lather, I do not hesitate in calling perfect. It has a texture that makes it easy to use, while allowing a good razor-glide on the skin, and it is my impression that it makes good skin protection .

The scent is always difficult to vouch for others, but this Shaving Cream is of such a good quality that I certainly not will hesitate in recommending it to others.

Latest reviews

Pros: Slickness and Lather
Cons: Price
My first expensive soap puck was from Truefitt and Hill. I was in Carwins shave shop in Oklahoma City and the smell coming from the Truefitt and Hill section was maddening. They had a wide selection and I selected a few to try. The only real word to describe my experience was LUXURY. This puts Arko, Williams and VDH in a whole different league. Yes the price is in whole different league as well but I am now hooked on luxury soaps. With as much as I spend on suits, ties and ammunition I can splurge every few months on a soap or two! I have enough Arko to last me through a year (12 pack) but as long as I have a job I will be sampling the various boutique soaps for sale. This stuff is slick and lathers like an Englishman would expect his soap to lather. Shaving ATG is painless and there is always plenty on my brush for multiple passes.

The Sandalwood smell is wonderful yet not overpowering, my wife is now constantly smelling me which is a big plus, that is worth $20 of the $26 price tag right there. The puck seems to last and last as all large pucks do so no surprise there. The only complaint I have is that it will not melt easily and must be grated to fit whatever container you have for it. Not a big deal and the gentlemen on B&B have helped me through this problem. I love this website and wanted to give a little back by reviewing all the soaps I have tried. I've done the same on my tobacco, suit and firearm forums so I will try to help out the forums here by doing the same over the years. Thank you B&B, you have changed the way I wake up in the mornings!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: + easy to lather,outstanding glide and cution, nice package
Cons: Steep price
I bought this cream after reading previous reviews. Well, only thing to say is it is a winner by all means!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: lather, slickness
Cons: scent
I was fortunate enough to be able to take part in a marketing promotion for this cream and had no out of pocket for it. I found it to be a luxurious lather, although the scent was incredibly light (not bad, just barely there). It's very slick and a small dollop is enough to lather rinse and repeat!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)