What's new

Schick 2002

Item Description

I got a really nice shave this and the other morning using these blades. They seem heavier than an individual DE blade but they do NOT appear to look like two individual blades stacked on top of each other as the photo does. My camera doesn't have the ability to take close up photos so I can't get one, but I might be able to get a scan of one.

The center of the blade seems to be as thin as a regular DE but when it moves to the edge there are clearly two blade edges. The bottom "edge" sticks out just a little more than the top "edge."

I was selling these but didn't want to put up a review until after the sale, for obvious reasons. All those that bought a pack, I would appreciate a review.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Latest reviews

bubalu;984302 said:
I don't think that these blades were a predecessor to the Twin blade cartridge (except maybe Schicks), but rather a response to the Gillette Trac II. As I recall these blades were wildly unpopular where I lived (Pittsburgh). I guess the thought was that they were just ripping off the Trac II, and that the Trac II must be better since it was an engineered cartridge and Schick is just slapping together two blades. I also remember many people thinking that the Trac II was just nonsense, yet within a few years just about everybody migrated to it.

You're absolutely correct. This was an answer to a question that no one asked. It was a cheap attempt to cash in on the Trac II craze. Whereas the Trac II was probably the best cartridge razor ever made, these things are like a Mad Magazine parody.

I have a pack that is about thirty years old. Shaving with one of these is not something I can ever see myself attempting to do again. These blades tug and scratch at your whiskers while leaving your face red and stubbly.

The only recommendation I have to purchase these is as a curiosity piece, or as part of a collection.
I don't think that these blades were a predecessor to the Twin blade cartridge (except maybe Schicks), but rather a response to the Gillette Trac II. As I recall these blades were wildly unpopular where I lived (Pittsburgh). I guess the thought was that they were just ripping off the Trac II, and that the Trac II must be better since it was an engineered cartridge and Schick is just slapping together two blades. I also remember many people thinking that the Trac II was just nonsense, yet within a few years just about everybody migrated to it.
Wowza, never imagined this!

Item information

Added by
AACJ
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Razor Blades (Reviews)

More from AACJ

Top Bottom