What's new

Ravor

Item Description

I was lucky enough to receive a package containing a number of shaving products from Brazil and Argentina yesterday. Based on my first uses of Nazca shaving cream, I am really excited to explore each product and to share my findings with the B&B community. It's my hope that others who have tried them will add their opinions as well.

On the way home from the post office, I pierced the top of the Nazca and fell in love with it. It was so slippery and had such a fantastic scent. I knew I had to try it first.

I shaved as soon as I got home. I thought I would see exactly how good it was, so I loaded a new Perma-Sharp into my R41 2011--a combination that would truly test the cream. It is so aggressive I have only used it with super-lathers that included Frasers to soften my beard, alomg with MWF or Tabac soaps for glide and cushioning.

Nazca did a superb job. Four passes without irritation and BBS. Wonderful, clean scent that happily lingered a bit. The lather was thinner than the superlather, but did the job even better. I was very, very impressed.

I asked six friends to put a dab of the cream on a fingertips and describe the scent. Comments included: very clean (everyone), very slippery, nice enough for a cologne, neither masculine nor feminine, floral overtones, hint of menthol or mint, and "like sticking your head into the cold-case display at the florist".

I know that Nazca contains Aloe Vera, but whether it alone is responsible for the lovely, clean scent I don't know. Nazca is reminiscent of Musgo Real in texture, but perhaps even slicker, and has an even cleaner and fresher smell.

Latest reviews

Pros: Efficacy, quality, slickness, scent
Cons: Availability
I was lucky enough to receive a package containing a number of shaving products from Brazil and Argentina yesterday. Based on my first uses of Nazca shaving cream, I am really excited to explore each product and to share my findings with the B&B community. It's my hope that others who have tried them will add their opinions as well.

On the way home from the post office, I pierced the top of the Nazca and fell in love with it. It was so slippery and had such a fantastic scent. I knew I had to try it first.

I shaved as soon as I got home. I thought I would see exactly how good it was, so I loaded a new Perma-Sharp into my R41 2011--a combination that would truly test the cream. It is so aggressive I have only used it with super-lathers that included Frasers to soften my beard, alomg with MWF or Tabac soaps for glide and cushioning.

Nazca did a superb job. Four passes without irritation and BBS. Wonderful, clean scent that happily lingered a bit. The lather was thinner than the superlather, but did the job even better. I was very, very impressed.

I asked six friends to put a dab of the cream on a fingertips and describe the scent. Comments included: very clean (everyone), very slippery, nice enough for a cologne, neither masculine nor feminine, floral overtones, hint of menthol or mint, and "like sticking your head into the cold-case display at the florist".

I know that Nazca contains Aloe Vera, but whether it alone is responsible for the lovely, clean scent I don't know. Nazca is reminiscent of Musgo Real in texture, but perhaps even slicker, and has an even cleaner and fresher smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Codfish
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More in Shaving Creams (Reviews)

More from Codfish

• Bamboo SE Razor
    I’ve been a wet shaver for 35 years, and have experience with a wide...
  • R41 TWIST
    The R41 TWIST is my favorite Mühle razor to date, and it’s among my...
  • R89 TWIST
    Mühle's latest addition to the shaving world is the R89 TWIST, a...
  • Infinity Silvertex (synthetic)
    Full review to be posted April 30, 2013
  • R41 2013
    I like the original R41 very much. I've shaved with it 450 times and...
Top Bottom