What's new

Personna Israeli "Red Pack"

Item Description

This is the second last pack of blades to try in the West Coast Shaving sampler pack, and so far they are my second favorite, the best being the Feathers. They are however a lot less money than Feathers, and much easier to get.

The shave is smooth and gentle in my ball end Tech, and no nicks with these guys. They seem even smoother and more forgiving than Derbys or Crystals. They aren't as sharp as a Feather, but seem sharper than Derbys. It takes less effort to get BBS at the base of my neck, which is always a problem area for me. Feather can do it with no problem, but I have to work at it with a Derby or Crystal, and sometimes end up irritated. Not so with these.

My Boosters aftershave sting tells me that my shave was pretty easy on my face, too. So far I am on shave #4 and the blade still seems fine. I expect at least one more shave out of it. For $10 per hundred, I just had to buy them.

I gave then a 10 on packaging. They are simply in a cardboard box, and wrapped in paper. Cheap, biodegradable and recyclable. Perfect. Used blade holders are OK, but I'll gladly forgo them for a more eco-friendly package.

Yes, I would prefer Feathers. But these are nearly as good. Go get some.

Latest reviews

Pros: Smooth and sharp at the same time, good longevity, works in most razors
Cons: Hard to find in bulk, sharpness drop-off after 3rd shave
Great blades, sharp and very smooth. I never cut myself with these blades and irritation is rare. Retains its sharpness for 3 shaves, drops-off after the third but is usable for up to 7 shaves without much more dulling, excellent longevity! Tried them in my DE89, Red Tip, and Fendrihan True North razors, they worked great in all of them. I am able to get BBS out of 2 passes where most blades take 3, very good for a blade that is this smooth.

It's a pain to find these in bulk, so if you see them snatch them up!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Maybe the perfect blade
Cons: Confusion by product packaging
The perfect balance of sharpness and smoothness. As smooth as a Astra SP and almost as sharp as a feather. Fatip razors love this blade.

Downside is some confusion caused by different packaging and distribution channels. Are all these blades the same? My experience is with the "uk packaging" ones West coast shaving sells.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and very very smooth!
Cons: None
I just had to write a review on there blades. Had a shave today with one of these blades. I bought 30 recently when ordering some creams.

I have been using Feathers and Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows. I have moderate thickness.

This blade moved down my whiskers like a hot knife through butter as they say. I did find this blade to be very smooth. This resulted in a very very close and smooth BBS shave.

Minimal touch up around the chin area were not needed (sometimes they are).

More importantly no weepers and no burn at all.

Give these a try if you have not done so already.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)