What's new

Omega 20102 Pro Boar

Item Description

This is my first all 10s review I think. And on a cheap boar brush too! I didn't even give my Shavemac all 10s. And it cost 10 time what this one did. Why on earth would a $12 boar brush earn all 10s? Lets find out.

The Omega is a tall brush. 121mm tall. The loft is impressive at 64mm and the know is 27mm diameter. The brush looks smaller in diameter than a badger since the bloom is much, much less. However the height of the bristles makes getting into a mug much easier, and the backbone of boar makes loading a snap.

You'd think that with such a tall loft, even boar would be floppy. But it's not. The bristles are still quite stiff but have no trace of prickliness or scratchiness. It's a superbly comfortable brush. You don't get that feeling of silk that a good badger has, but this thing is NICE against your face.

The handle is also quite large making manipulating it easy. This is a mans brush. Sorry ladies.

The brush holds quite a lot of lather too. It's not a sponge like a badger, but the sheer size of the brush makes up for that. There is enough lather on this thing for several passes.

I mostly use Institut Karite - a triple milled french soap that's just awesome. With this brush it's twice as awesome. I also use creams and this brush is quite competent with them too.

The boar funk is, umm, unpleasant. But that's true of any brush, badger or boar. The only brush I have that didn't reek new was my Omega synthetic. After 5-6 shaves the funk is gone and you are left with a wonderful shaving tool.

The brush does lose the occasional bristle. That seems to be par for any boar, I don't know why. But this one loses fewer than any of my boars. Heck, my top end Shavemac loses the occasional bristle.

Lets do the numbers;

Price - $12 from Shoebox shave shop. You can't beat that.
Quality - you get way more than $12 worth of quality here. Omega brushes just seem to be well made regardless of price and material.
Density - typical Omega. Nicely packed.
Stiffness of tips - the tips are stiff enough to do their job and are scratchiness free. Perfect.
Softness of tips - not a trace of discomfort. Typical of boar. Even the cheapest boars are comfortable, unlike inexpensive badger.
Ergonomic - the size make using this in a mug the easiest of all my brushes.
Latherability - heck yeah. It's hard to beat a boar for lathering soap anyway, and this one take it a step further.

Get one. Get two, they're cheap!

Latest reviews

Shown here with my 10066

proxy.php

As said, this brush is large, soft and stiff. I too was a bit worried that at this loft, it would be floppy. Not! :thumbup: It has great face feel and while I actually like a bit of scritch, this one is very scrubby but very soft at the tips. Not a soft as a Rooney Heritage but softer than almost any other badger I own.

It is a great brush for anyone wanting a larger scrubby brush and quite a bargain.

Ken
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
This is my first all 10s review I think. And on a cheap boar brush too! I didn't even give my Shavemac all 10s. And it cost 10 time what this one did. Why on earth would a $12 boar brush earn all 10s? Lets find out.

The Omega is a tall brush. 121mm tall. The loft is impressive at 64mm and the know is 27mm diameter. The brush looks smaller in diameter than a badger since the bloom is much, much less. However the height of the bristles makes getting into a mug much easier, and the backbone of boar makes loading a snap.

You'd think that with such a tall loft, even boar would be floppy. But it's not. The bristles are still quite stiff but have no trace of prickliness or scratchiness. It's a superbly comfortable brush. You don't get that feeling of silk that a good badger has, but this thing is NICE against your face.

The handle is also quite large making manipulating it easy. This is a mans brush. Sorry ladies.

The brush holds quite a lot of lather too. It's not a sponge like a badger, but the sheer size of the brush makes up for that. There is enough lather on this thing for several passes.

I mostly use Institut Karite - a triple milled french soap that's just awesome. With this brush it's twice as awesome. I also use creams and this brush is quite competent with them too.

The boar funk is, umm, unpleasant. But that's true of any brush, badger or boar. The only brush I have that didn't reek new was my Omega synthetic. After 5-6 shaves the funk is gone and you are left with a wonderful shaving tool.

The brush does lose the occasional bristle. That seems to be par for any boar, I don't know why. But this one loses fewer than any of my boars. Heck, my top end Shavemac loses the occasional bristle.

Lets do the numbers;

Price - $12 from Shoebox shave shop. You can't beat that.
Quality - you get way more than $12 worth of quality here. Omega brushes just seem to be well made regardless of price and material.
Density - typical Omega. Nicely packed.
Stiffness of tips - the tips are stiff enough to do their job and are scratchiness free. Perfect.
Softness of tips - not a trace of discomfort. Typical of boar. Even the cheapest boars are comfortable, unlike inexpensive badger.
Ergonomic - the size make using this in a mug the easiest of all my brushes.
Latherability - heck yeah. It's hard to beat a boar for lathering soap anyway, and this one take it a step further.

Get one. Get two, they're cheap!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips