What's new

Personna Israeli "Red Pack"

Pros: Smooth and sharp at the same time, good longevity, works in most razors
Cons: Hard to find in bulk, sharpness drop-off after 3rd shave
Great blades, sharp and very smooth. I never cut myself with these blades and irritation is rare. Retains its sharpness for 3 shaves, drops-off after the third but is usable for up to 7 shaves without much more dulling, excellent longevity! Tried them in my DE89, Red Tip, and Fendrihan True North razors, they worked great in all of them. I am able to get BBS out of 2 passes where most blades take 3, very good for a blade that is this smooth.

It's a pain to find these in bulk, so if you see them snatch them up!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Maybe the perfect blade
Cons: Confusion by product packaging
The perfect balance of sharpness and smoothness. As smooth as a Astra SP and almost as sharp as a feather. Fatip razors love this blade.

Downside is some confusion caused by different packaging and distribution channels. Are all these blades the same? My experience is with the "uk packaging" ones West coast shaving sells.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and very very smooth!
Cons: None
I just had to write a review on there blades. Had a shave today with one of these blades. I bought 30 recently when ordering some creams.

I have been using Feathers and Gillette 7 O'clock Yellows. I have moderate thickness.

This blade moved down my whiskers like a hot knife through butter as they say. I did find this blade to be very smooth. This resulted in a very very close and smooth BBS shave.

Minimal touch up around the chin area were not needed (sometimes they are).

More importantly no weepers and no burn at all.

Give these a try if you have not done so already.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Personna Israeli "Red Pack"
Cons: Not the sharpest blade out there.
The Personna Red are somewhat hard to find. Someone gave me a few to try. They give a smooth and cut free shave with no irritation. But they are not as sharp as many blades.

So if you are new to wet shaving or your face is easily irritated, then these would be a good blade for you to try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
The only blade I shave with. Best quality blade for this money. If your looking for convenience this is it!!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: sharpness
Cons: quality
Personna Platinum double-edge razor blades (red box). Manufactured in Israel and packaged in Mexico.

Price: n/a (purchased as part of a blade sample pack, but the prices I found are average)

Quality: Edges do not appear to be straight; short, inconsistent bevels (but no pitting).

Sharpness: Second tier for sharpness; the best aspect of these blades.

Longevity: Lasts 3-4 days, which is average for the blades I have tried.

Smothness of Shave: Minor razor burn.

Packaging: Cardboard box of 10 with ends that don't quite close. Single-wrapped without adhesive.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
The first time I tried the Reds I was very disappointed, blade pulled and even after 4 passes I didn't have a smooth shave. Tried again this morning and had one of the best BBS shaves ever after 3 passes. Next I will have to try the Crystals to compare, great blade in an aggressiver razor...
Dalejr;3096299 said:
Of all the blades I've tried over the past 2 years these for me rank second to last... Not impressed at all....

Dale, have you used any in other razors? It can surely make a large difference. Surprisingly so.
Wow, with so many good reviews I said I would give these blades a try, bad move. Tugged, pulled, skipped and cut worse than a butter knife. Of all the blades I've tried over the past 2 years these for me rank second to last... Not impressed at all....
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Got them last fall from West Coast and I love them they work great in all my Razors.

If your a new shaver get some and try them you like me will fall in love.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
These are one of the best blades for smooth shaves. If you care for sharp blades then definitely opt for Feather or others but with red IPs I always get smooth, irritation and burn free shave. I have used Red IP with many razors but I think it performs well with a heavier razors. I use these blades with slim adjustable regularly and I get BBS everytime(Although needs 3 passes). IMO, these blades are so cheap it would be unwise to try to use them past 3 or 4 times. I have always discarded them after about 3 shaves.

I have bought these blades from many vendors and quality is extremely well controlled. I have yet to find a flawed blades. These are my daily use blades and I love them with any razors. I have given sharpness a rating of 9 because there are other blades that are much sharper than these.

So, in short, if you care about decent sharp but very smooth razor blades, definitely try these you might be happy you tried!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I got 100 of these bad boys for 13 dollars on ebay. That's so ridiculously low priced, I'll let you do the math.

The blades I find are great. My rating speak for themselves in my opinion, and I have been using these blades exclusively for the past year and a half. Sharpness didn't get a 10 because there are sharper blades I have used (such as feathers), but it's been my experience that the smoothness far exceeds the feathers, which sealed the deal for me.

As far as longetivity, meh, that's a weird thing to ask of a blade because not everyone uses the same blade for 3-10 shaves a piece. Personally, I get 3 shaves out of this blade, then I discard it. I have too many shaves under my belt with spent blades which required days for my face to heal. Plus, at these prices, I don't feel bad about discarding them after 3 shaves. I feel differently about feather blades. To make them cost effective, IMHO, you would have to use a feather blade for 60 days lol. Yeah, that'd feel great.

Packaging is what you would expect at these prices, but that's not why we buy blades. Personna Red pack, :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
These are my favorite blades. They're sharp and smooth and last longer than any other blade that I have tried. Most shavers consider the Feather to be the sharpest blade, I agree with that but the Feather is not as smooth as the Personna (Red Pack). Smoothness provides more comfortable shaves. It is worth mentioning that the blade is very versatile; I have used the Personna in the Gillette Slim, Red Tip, Merkur Slants and Futur (I prefer heavier razors) and I get great shaves every time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price - I can buy these at about 0,09€, what else can you ask for?

Quality - Seems pretty good.

Sharpness - Very sharp. Sharper than Derbys, but Feather's are sharper.

Longevity - Around 3 or 4 shaves, average.

Smoothness of Shave - Very smooth, no razor burn

Packaging - Simple cardboard box

Conclusion - Cheap, sharp and smooth. It's my favorite blade along Feather
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
This was my first DE blade. It's very smooth (probably, the smoothest ever). However, its sharpness and longevity leave much to be desired. It lasts at most two shaves (some even last only one) and the sharpness is insufficient for heavy and course stubble. After a year with these I switched to the sharper Astra.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Everyone seems to like these. I compared them to my Derby's and they did not perform favorably. Seemed to pull from the start.
More irritation than my Derby's as well.
This blade is not for me. But I am sure they are worth a try since so many people like them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I got a pack of these thrown in when I purchased some cream on the BST board. After my first use, I knew I was hooked. I looked around expecting to pay top dollar for a good amount of these blades. Sure enough, 100 were only $10 on westcoastshaving.com. $10! They shave great when paired with a nice slick cream. I think these are the best shaves I have ever had.

Price- $10/100 blades..Im going to hoard like no tomorrow
Quality- Excellent, no inconsistencies going from blade to blade.
Sharpness- Very sharp, but not rip your face off sharp. Just close enough.
Longevity-Ab out 3-4 shaves. I have yet to get 7 days out of any type of blade.
Smoothness-Absolutely perfect. glides through lather, no skipping.
Packaging- Honestly, I love the plastic dispensers. But if it helps save on costs, Im ok with standard cardboard. I like how there is no glue on the blades.

As you can tell, these are my favorite. I couldn't possibly recommend them enough.

I have tried alot of blades (feathers, merkur, gillette, astra, sharks, all types of lords, treets, etc etc etc) and these are the best. Forget the high feather prices and 2 shaves a blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Awesome. I bought these from West Coast Shaving' s Sampler Pack as well. I put one into my Fat Boy and had the Greatest Shave, yet.

I taught myself with a Black Handle Slim Adjustable and Feathers. The Personas are almost as sharp and a lot more forgiving. No razor burn, either.

Furthermore, I put a four day old blade into my Progress for one last shave, with this blade, and pretty much a BBS shave today.

bonusmarple;1128097 said:
I have quite a few of these on hand. They are solid blades. Definitely not the sharpest blade out there, but sharp enough, smooth, and good quality. I do find some inconsistency in a pack, but nothing major.

Price - Cheap but good value
Quality - Minor inconsistencies from blades in a pack, nothing huge
Sharpness - Sharp, but not in the same league as a Feather or 7 O'Clock
Longevity - 3-4 shaves, not bad, but not great
Smoothness - Smooth shaver with a slight some roughness on the first pass
Packaging - Simple and functional
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Have tried this blade two times in the trusty Schick Krona. I can't say whether it's the sharpest blade I've used (not really sure how to gauge that) but it is absolutely the SMOOTHEST I've ever felt, more so than Derby or any other I've tried. If you've not tried these, you should at least get ahold of a sample.
The Personna Israeli Red Pack blades are the perfect blades for the beginner wet shaver. Having received some in my West Coast Shaving Blade Sampler kit, I find myself using the blades as the standard to compare all the other blades with.

The most attractive features out of the Red Pack blades, especially for a beginner, is that they are consistent and forgiving. Mostly everyone here recommends a new wet shaver to stick with one type of blade, cream, and razor for one month to learn the proper shaving techniques. In my honest opinion, the Red Pack blades are the perfect blades to do this one month test with. Each shave is consistent, unlike some blades such as Derby's where I find one shave is great and the other less forgiving.

Speaking of forgiveness, these blades are very forgiving without sacrificing sharpness. They can give you a great shave in about three passes and you'll find that if you apply a little bit of pressure, you won't end up with a trip to the ER. In fact, I've probably only nicked myself a couple of times out of the many, many shaves I've had with the blades. However, those looking for a quick shave might reconsider these as stated above, they will take you about 3-4 passes to get a really good close shave.

The blades are fairly cheap, about 100 blades for $10 so you can't really beat that. I find myself getting around 4-6 shaves per blade too. So in the long run, you'll really be saving some money with these! However, I am not a fan of the cardboard box packaging. I know many people like them, especially since it's more environmentally friendly. But I really like have blades come in a container that I can use to dispose old blades in. I suppose it's a personal preference, but it's a feature I do like in blade companies.

The Personna Israeli Red Pack are the best blades to start with in my opinion. They are very beginner friendly and many people, including myself hold them in high regards once their beginner days are over. Every new blade I use is used in comparison to the Red Pack. And when I'm not looking to try something different, I open up the red pack and put in ol' reliable.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)