Palmolive lather shaving cream

Average User Rating:
0/5,
  • It's really a pity that this stuff's non-existent where I live, because it's really a good shaving cream. OK, it's not a luxurious, elegant cream like Taylors, DR Harris, etc, but for such cheap money, it's still quite fine in my books. Anyone who's looking for a good no-frills, basic shaving cream without blowing his budget apart, this brand is ideal.

Jeff

Recent User Reviews

1. BeardBuster
    0/5,
    "Cheap and very effective. NO longer made, I bough"
    Cheap and very effective. NO longer made, I bought the last three tubes in my Walgreens for a buck a piece. Its really good and I have paid up to $40 for creams that lacked the great qualities Palmolive posseses. Need good and cheap cream, try Wars (found in Ebay Poland).
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    5/5,
    Latherability:
    5/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    4/5,
  2. BigRich
    0/5,
    "I came across this completely by accident. I was "
    I came across this completely by accident. I was in Bed, Bath, & Beyond and noticed they've started carrying "pharmacy" type stuff. Mouthwash, toothpaste, etc. Then I saw that right next to the Clubman was a "Lathering Cream" from Palmolive. Upon reading the instructions I saw that it was for brushes and decided to give it a try. Honesty, for the money, this is the best stuff I've ever used. It does a great job and is REALLY cheap if you can find it. Unfortunately, it smell pretty bad. Like an old bar of soap. But other than that, it's great.

Price: I paid $1.99 for a 4.4 oz tube at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Beat that!

Quality: This is a solid cream. Is it a 3 T's, well know but it's close and for the money, the value is unbeatable.

Scent: Yuck! It's doesn't smell like a turd or anything but the smell is just a bland generic soapy smell.

Latherability: A real lather monster! I find it takes just a little more water than the average cream.

Efficacy: Solid.

Moisturizing Properties: Could be better, but passable.

Packaging: Plain plastic tube. Kind of blah, but it's the stuff on the inside that matters, right?
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    1/5,
    Quality:
    3/5,
    Efficacy:
    3/5,
    Packaging:
    2/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,
    Moisturizing Properties:
    3/5,
  3. Duggo
    0/5,
    "I heard they were going out of the shaving cream b"
    I heard they were going out of the shaving cream business, so I took a risk and bought two tubes.

I thought it was easy to lather, and made a good lather at that; white peaks and all. Everything came together real quick for me. :001_tt1:

The shave, using Derby blades, (first time in a long time,) went well. I thought the cream had lots of glide, but by the end of the shave, I thought it left my skin a little tight. But it turned out ok, because I put on my L'Occitane after shave balm, so no harm, no foul.

There are better creams out there. (Nancy Boy, Musgo Real, C&E SAO) to name a few.
    Price:
    5/5,
    Scent:
    4/5,
    Quality:
    4/5,
    Efficacy:
    4/5,
    Packaging:
    0/5,
    Latherability:
    4/5,