What's new

Osage Rub

Latest reviews

Pros: Cooling, stimulating, refreshing
Cons: Scent
Fist let me say I love this stuff for the feel and effect it gives. The smell though is not too great and I would not want to be out in the world smelling like this so it's reserved for weekends or days when I am only at home.

Now I have an interesting story about this stuff that will give you a good idea about the scent.

When I was a teen there was an old guy in the neighborhood that smelled like this stuff and I instantly recognized the scent the first time I put some on. This guy used to be a boxer when he was younger.

Whenever you got near him he smelled like powder and rub A535 or some other muscle pain rub.
So I always assumed as a former boxer he was always in pain so he was using rub A535 and putting on scented powder as well to just smell better.

It turns out it was probably this stuff as the smell is identical.
There you have it for the smell.

The effect is cooling, bracing, stinging, numbing. And on a hot summer day I love it.

It would be 5 star if it weren't for the scent.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Pros: COLD!
Cons: None
All I can say is DAMN IT"S COLD!! This stuff is great!! No shaver should be without this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Menthol
Cons: Scent
This product was given to me as it’s not easy to come by down under. I got more than generous sample to try it. As a result, I re-PIF’d some to others down under. I used the product here and there during the summer and that was a winner. I’ve been using it on a regular basis now to review it.

The product itself is considered to be one of the most mentholated products out there. I don’t have any doubts. It seems that the menthol is the main ingredient. I am disappointed in the scent as it’s this over powering menthol fragrance. It reminds me of Vicks Vaporub when I was a kid. There something like camphor in there and I always associate it to medication. There’s a slight (very weak) soapy scent and powdery (those are very weak).

On application it feels like I dipped my face in a bowl of water, snow and ice. This goes for a good 5 minutes post application. It’s not bad but the scent is really there and that wasn’t the best experience for me. It was so cold that I almost felt a burning sensation but that went away quickly.

The good news, the camphor/Vicks scent goes away after 15-20 mins. I now have a very soapy type of scent. The moisturising aspect works really well as I feel that my skin liked Osage Rub but isn’t greasy. Just right!

Would I buy it again? Probably not just because of the scent. If I have a cold and can’t smell it, sure, but then, I get a cold during winter usually which doesn’t push me toward mentholated products…
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)