What's new

Omega Shaving Soap

Item Description

I can't believe this soap doesn't already have a review - the cream definitely does, but not this black-bowled little wonder (I apologize if i somehow missed it). First off - this stuff is almost identical to Proraso. If you like Proraso, you'll like Omega, and if you hate Proraso you'll hate Omega.

Price - Inexpensive, and you get a generous amount.

Quality - the soap is superb, the packaging unobtrusive and refined: nice basic black.

Scent - This was interesting. It's not quite the same as Proraso. In my opinion it doesn't smell quite as good, it's a little less refined and more menthol-flavored. I don't know if I could tell them apart blindfolded. It's an extremely subtle difference.

Lather and Efficacy - Maybe a tiny bit BETTER than Proraso? Supposedly Omega contains lanolin, which may provide the tiny boost in protection and slickness. An excellent soap regardless.

Moisturizing - not particularly drying, nor particularly moist.

Bottom line - an inexpensive classic.

Latest reviews

Pros: Provides a nice slick lather
Cons: none
This is very similar to Proraso and some say that it's the same but for me it's not. It has more of an opaque appearance whereas the Proraso is more creamy white. The scent is also different. That aside, it performs as well as Proraso and for the low cost, it's a real winner.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
michiganlover;1848077 said:
You should note, that you technically should not be posting reviews in the first place. Newbies don't have enough experience to adequately review a product, and if your lather skills are still in development, you certainly are not qualified to post a review.

I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but if you are the only person having issues with a given product, it's very probable that your technique is flawed, rather than the product itself being flawed.

According to Jim (one of the moderator's here):

"Effective 7/9/2009- Members are required to have 50 quality posts on the B&B prior to posting anything in the reviews forum.
Thank you- "

Also, I don't think the reviews area is an appropriate area to receive feedback. This issue would have been better handled in the soap forum, where discussion is encouraged.

In all fairness, I don't believe you should call anyone a newbie unless they first admit that they are learners and beginners. I turned to wetshaving 3 years before I joined this forum, and having to shave everyday mandated by my job... that's over 1,000 shaves that I did before I joined this forum only to be labeled a newb because of lack of posts.

Due to the fact that he said he even used bottled water means the user was experienced/wise enough to know that hard water/soft water have different physical attributes in their lather making ability, so it's not best to "assume" someone is always a newbie, even if they can't get a certain product to work the way described.

I understand this is an older thread but I couldn't help but throw in my two cents. Let's all be gents :)
This is a cheap classic, i love the smell, and it lathers up nice, leaves a very light cooling feeling on your face as well, dont think it has great moisturising propereties, but then again, any menthol cream/soap is the same for me, a great product at a great price, and easy to whip up a abubdance of lather.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)