Items by Gilgamesh2003

Gilgamesh2003
1.53 star(s) 15 ratings
Views
Reviews
This was a pleasant surprise - an unassuming Indian cream that can hang with the big boys in performance and has more menthol than any three tubes of Proraso. Contains lanolin and glycerin, too, so it's gentle and surprisingly moisturizing. Apparently it's been around since 1912! Price/Quality/Packaging: $1.99 a tube from Reliance Service on eBay (recommended - these guys can't be making too much money on the cream - I bought four assorted tubes for $16 including shipping, and the package...
Gilgamesh2003
0.50 star(s) 12 ratings
Views
Reviews
Harris creams don't seem to get as much attention as the Three Ts, but in my opinion they're every bit as good as Taylor's and Truefitt (haven't tried Trumpers). Price/Quality/Packaging: A reasonably priced, very highly concentrated cream with functional, attractive packaging. No complaints! Latherability/Efficacy/Moisturizing: Superb. Slick, cushioned, relatively moisturizing, this cream is a top performer. Some creams are slightly more moisturizing and gentle (TOBS Avocado for one)...
This is a great cream marred by a synthetic, mediocre scent. Price/Quality/Packaging: Not a bargain cream by any means, but not overpriced. The cream itself is obviously of very high quality, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired - a very plain white plastic tub with ordinary paper labels on it - they don't even have a laminate coating, so I imagine if you get it wet the labels won't last. Mine came with a tape seal around join between lid and container. This was a nice idea, but...
This is my first Mama Bear's soap, and I have to say that these soaps live up to their reputation for high quality. That said, I think Mama Bear's main draw is the huge variety of scents - the soap itself is very good, but not quite as good a shaving performer as some of the standby creams (Spieck, Musgo Real, Salters). Price/Quality/Packaging: You get a lot for your money, and it comes in a very nice plastic tub. It's not decorative like some of the high-end English wooden bowls, but it...
Gilgamesh2003
1.33 star(s) 3 ratings
Views
Reviews
Note - My bottle says "Master Blue", not "Master Ocean Blue". As far as I can determine they're the same thing. No surprises here - a nice Master take on Aqua Velva. Same great glycerine and menthol, a very slightly different fragrance - not quite as strong and a little less complex than Aqua Velva, but definitely reminiscent. Soothing and moisturizing (thanks to the glycerine), this is a great choice. ALSO, a plug - I got mine from Atlanta Barber Supply; in fact, they sent me a...
Gilgamesh2003
1.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Views
Reviews
Another great Lucky Tiger aftershave - I found it marginally less harsh than their Bay Rum, but neither product really burns. This is a standard alcohol-based aftershave - not very moisturizing, good at tightening the pores. The smell is delightful once it sets. When I sniff this in the bottle or first put it on I swear to god it smells like marijuana - skunky and vegetable. I couldn't believe it, coming out of a blue bottle labeled "Aspen." But the weed smell dissipates completely and...
Gilgamesh2003
0.36 star(s) 14 ratings
Views
Reviews
I can't believe this soap doesn't already have a review - the cream definitely does, but not this black-bowled little wonder (I apologize if i somehow missed it). First off - this stuff is almost identical to Proraso. If you like Proraso, you'll like Omega, and if you hate Proraso you'll hate Omega. Price - Inexpensive, and you get a generous amount. Quality - the soap is superb, the packaging unobtrusive and refined: nice basic black. Scent - This was interesting. It's not quite...
I got this soap in a little silver shaving bowl as part of the limited-time special at the Saint Charles Shave website. $14 for a nice little bowl filled with soap doesn't seem like a bad price, but it's of course available separately. I don't need to bore you with a recitation of the typical SCS qualities - this is great soap for shaving, makes a comfortable, protective lather, and seems to leave a nice slick coating that persists even after a razor stroke. Very forgiving. Great for...
Top Bottom