What's new

Godrej Menthol Mist

Item Description

This was a pleasant surprise - an unassuming Indian cream that can hang with the big boys in performance and has more menthol than any three tubes of Proraso. Contains lanolin and glycerin, too, so it's gentle and surprisingly moisturizing. Apparently it's been around since 1912!

Price/Quality/Packaging: $1.99 a tube from Reliance Service on eBay (recommended - these guys can't be making too much money on the cream - I bought four assorted tubes for $16 including shipping, and the package cost them $8 to ship!). Comes in an nice protective box; the tube itself is metallic-look plastic, quite pleasant but not an ornate beauty like some of the English creams. Quality ingredients and unassuming packaging make this a great everyday cream.

Latherability/Efficacy/Moisturizing: Excellent to superb. This makes a rather dense, low lather, not a pillowy bowl-filler like Taylor's. It's slick and cushioning nonetheless and gave a very nice, irritation free shave. Moisturizing, but not as good as Taylor's avocado or Musgo Real. I think this cream soundly beats Arko, the most talked about bargain cream, in both performance and scent.

Scent: This is a very sharp, medicinal menthol smell, very drug-store, not soothing or refined but not unpleasant either. More menthol than Proraso, more than Omega, this cream is all about the face-freezing menthol goodness. And freeze your face it will - it was soothingly cold while I had the lather on my face, but a post-shave splash of cool tapwater activated the flavor cyrstals or something because it felt like I had just dunked my head in a bucket of ice. Pretty awesome for menthol lovers, others might wish to steer clear. VERY refreshing!

For $1.99 you can't really lose with this cream. I'm also reasonably sure that it's free of animal products and kosher (although now that I'm writing this I can't find the reference, so I'm not certain). A neat find, can't wait to try the other flavors I ordered!

Latest reviews

Pros: Great lather, AMAZING menthol
Cons: Can't think of any
I LOVE this product!!!! I used to live in the bay area of California where I could readily get it from Indian shops for $3-4. But now I live in an un diverse Illinois city. Oh well, some things in life are depressing but I digress. Onto the cream! So the standout aspect of this cream is the menthol tsunami it delivers to your face after a minute of applying it. It is incredibly refreshing. I will say though that you may want to be careful to not have the water too cool when you rinse it off or it may be uncomfortably cool. Other aspects of the cream are a very decent lather that is very easy to produce, an amiable scent, nothing to write home about mind you but pleasant in its own right, and nice metallic looking paper board box it comes in. But for the great quality of this cream and the price I would buy it without hesitation if it was packaged in a used paper grocery sack! If you're a menthol fan you NEED to have this in your rotation!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: The most powerful mint I have tried
Cons: none as I am a mint fan
This is a cream, that is there among my list of all time favourites, along with the ever nostalgic old spice. I am a big fan of mint flavour and this cream is power packed with mint. It provides an even smooth chilling effect that lingers on your face after the shave. One word of advice, brace yourself before you splash cold water after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to create lather, with lanolin,potent cooling
Cons: only in 70 gram tube
Several years ago I have seen and bought godrej in supermarket
India is well-known for quality shaving products.

Only 1 cm of cream makes enough passes without fading. cooling effect is like shaving in Antarctica or Siberian blizzard,great moisturizing properties from lanolin and glycerin also great glide for your razor.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)