Items by DCMandarin

After a brief try about fifteen years earlier, I reacquainted myself with wetshaving in the Spring of 2006. Though I became an early SCAD casualty, I managed to restrain myself from leaping headlong into the world of high-end brushes, sticking for more than 18 months with the boar-bristle brush from Kingsley pictured with the Shavemac. This happened in part because reading reviews and surfing online merchants' sites kept me interested and gave me a sense of the great variety of options...
DCMandarin
0.42 star(s) 12 ratings
Views
Reviews
This cream bears-out its name: You could imagine Lord Nelson smelling like this as he faced the French and Spanish Navies in the battle where he lost his life. Reviews that I and fellow B&Bers have written about other T&H creams tell you everything you need to know about their quality and efficacy. Though pricey (ca. $25/tub), most wetshavers will agree that the English supercreams justify the investment. One of the pleasures you purhcase with most of the creams made by the 3Ts comes...
Last week, to see if I had any good options before breaking down and mail-ordering one of the vegetal-scented English supercreams, I went to Tysons Corner and checked department stores and other retailers of grooming supplies. Years ago, during a long stretch of brushless wetshaving, I had used a tub of The Body Shop's shaving cream. I've purchased and enjoyed several of their products, including this one, so a purchased a new 6.6-ounce tub for $12.50. After contemplating the...
DCMandarin
0.21 star(s) 19 ratings
Views
Reviews
Omega has become a well-known brand among wetshavers for their brushes--marketing a shave cream allows Omega a safe way to diversify their revenues. Does anyone know if Proraso produces this soap for Omega? I've found it very similar, and I mean that as praise. With a brush and mug or without, just a toothbrush-sized dab of this soap has given me plenty of thick lather. After making this part of my daily rig for a few weeks, I started becoming tired of the eucalyptus scent: At $6.95...
Top Bottom