What's new

Trafalgar Shaving Cream by Truefitt & Hill

Item Description

This cream bears-out its name: You could imagine Lord Nelson smelling like this as he faced the French and Spanish Navies in the battle where he lost his life.

Reviews that I and fellow B&Bers have written about other T&H creams tell you everything you need to know about their quality and efficacy. Though pricey (ca. $25/tub), most wetshavers will agree that the English supercreams justify the investment.

One of the pleasures you purhcase with most of the creams made by the 3Ts comes from a great fragrance, and this proves especially true with Trafalgar: Interestingly, experience has shown that this fragrance works well when preparing for office wear in colder weather, as well as for a casual day wearing shorts in warmer weather--muskier in the cold, spicier on the warmer days.

Someday, I'll treat myself and buy a bottle of the cologne--I like the fragrance that much.

Latest reviews

Oh my! This cream is among the very best in every respect (except price, but you get what you pay for). I prefer Trafalgar over 1805, which seems to put me in the minority.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Lovely stuff.

All 10's for how it performs, except moisturizing. It's not drying, but I didn't feel nourished afterwards either.

Price gets a 7 because it is expensive. This is not to confuse it with 'Value' which I would have rated a 10 based on price vs. quality.

Scent is where the magic is. This is a very nice scent that explodes out of the cream and then quickly backs down to a delicious background. Every time I hit this stuff with a brush, I am amazed at how overwhelmingly strong the first bite of scent is and also how it quickly backs off to a more gentlemanly comportment.

The scent itself is primarily very botanical; woody, with strong hints of citrus. The most pronounced note I smell is vetiver , and the citrus is more citronella than lemon, there is a bit of pepper in there too.

The scent is very pleasant and lingers long on the neck. My wife *loves* it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Trafalgar was my second T&H purchase, and I must admit that I still prefer T&H W.I. Limes in terms of scent. Trafalgar has significant sandalwood notes, but with a smoky lightness. Its not overbearing, but I still can't get into the sandalwood 'scene.' Its a good scent for the winter, IMO, as opposed to the Limes which I previously recommended for the summer months. The quality and latherability are typical T&H excellence, I am a big fan of their products, but I'll probably stick to W.I. Limes or try some 1805 at the next go-around.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)