What's new

Old Spice

Item Description

Good Old Spice! One of the main stays of the after shave market, a product that has been around since 1938 and still going strong today. This is a very original scent that truly reflects the name of the product, spicy, somewhat pungent, and not at all flowery. While some think it's an "old man's" smell, it is gaining popularity with the teens and twenty-somethings today. Packaged in a distinctive, easily recognized bottle. It was Mom's favorite, so that's why I grew up with it.

Oh, about it setting off smoke alarms? There's a story behind that. Outside of the bathroom of my Grandparents house is where the upstairs smoke alarm has always been. Dad would do his morning ritual in the bathroom, the last part of which was slapping on the Old Spice. When he walked out of the bathroom the smoke alarm would go off. Never failed, and that's how we knew from downstairs that he was done in the bathroom.

Latest reviews

Pros: price, availability
Cons: none
For an alcohol based product, this has no burn for me. I'm assuming, from the other reviews, this is the product that is currently on drug store shelves and readily available. I find it delightful, and without a side-by-side comparison, it reminds me of the OS i grew up with. That being said, the thing I like most is its staying power. I like my AS to be my scent for the day. OS is one of my three go-to's (Clubman and Brut the other two) that provide hours of enjoyment, as opposed to the standard splash and gone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Classic manly scent
Cons: None
It speaks for itself. Put this in your rotation and watch the old ladies blush and the young one squeal.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, available
I only bought this on a whim and am happy I did. The smell is mostly spice with a fair bit of floral, and those around me seem to like it. Great packaging too. It feels soft on the skin, and has only made my skin really tingle when I didn't do a terribly good job shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
_JP_
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
0.56 star(s) 45 ratings

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from _JP_

• Derby Normal
    This is one of the two free creams that I received from the exclusive...
  • Derby Lavender
    This is one of the two free creams that I received from the exclusive...
Top Bottom