What's new

NEW Loreal Men's Expert Comfort Max Anti-irritation After Shave Balm with S

I have tried a lot of aftershave balms both high priced and cheap. I have to say that I like this one better than most. For the money, it does a great job. It has a clean scent, it absorbs quickly, it is a great moisturizer, and really sooths skin irritation. It also has SPF 15 Sunblock. It works well after using an alum block and also with Aftershave Splashes and EDT's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is an overall great product for the price. It does a great job moisturizing and soothing irritation, and the scent is awesome. My only complaint is the lack of a cooling sensation. If they somehow managed to add the cooling sensation of Proraso, I might not ever use anything else!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
I can't find it by me anymore, but this was a great product. I like that it's designed to reduce redness. I feel that really helps with razor burn. It's so good my ex used to steal it from me and use it on her legs. Part of the reason she's my ex now.
Great stuff. I didn't see anything favorable in the other reviews that I didn't agree with wholly or partially.

Military folks: This is a good deal for around $4.50 at the commissary. Check your PX/BX for $2 off coupons that can be used at the commissary. I bought one to try for a total price of $2.74 (w/ surcharge). Found it was great and bought two more.

Scent is nothing to write home about, but I was surprised the wife commented favorably about it without prompting. It is not unpleasant and is faint.

Highly recommended.

Steve
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Overall, I think this is just a notch above most supermarket balms, and has become my #1 choice.

I don't really receive any cooling sensation. I use it when Im done dressing, well after shaving, and after applying skin food.

The added SPF protection is nice.

Scent is ok. Nice consistency. Not too thick...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is pretty much my regular after shave balm along with CE Sienna and the P&G era Old Spice.

Loreal makes a nice product, it's cheap and easy to find and most important, it works.
As good as any ASB I've tried. Better than most. Definately ranks with Nivea Extra Soothing. Goes on clean and non-greasy, dries quickly. It's a little thicker than Nivea, about the same consistency as Neutrogena Triple-protect.. but it just feels nicer on the face, and it also has SPF protection. The scent is light, along the lines of the Nivea, not as pronounced as the Neutrogena Men's scent. I can't complain at all about this stuff, it does what it should and feels great on the face. It was a bonus that I got it for under $4.. If you need an ASB with a light unobtrusive scent with SPF protection, this is the one to grab.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I am bald [I shave my head]. This is the perfect summer aftershave. A combination of an excellent AS and an SPF15 sunblock is a great way to start the day
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
This has been my go to aftershave product for some time now. It is great stuff. It really helps with any razor burn. Winters in Indiana are cold and dry and I used to be bothered by any itchy face in the low humidly. This product takes care of that in a non-oily formula. The only small problem is that while the smell isn't unpleasant, it isn't fantastic either.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I use this as a post-splash Aftershave Balm. It adds the moisture that some of the harsher Aftershaves wick away and helps soothe the burn from a bad shave. It's readily available and relatively inexpensive.. I'm not crazy about the smell, but I don't mind it, either.. it's got a muted, creamy smell.

Be careful when applying it, however.. you CAN overdo it, and if you put on too much, you will feel it for the rest of the day.. I apply it by moisturizing my hands with it and using the residual balm to moisturize my face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff if excellent, has spf 15 to protect your freshly shaved face from the sun, moisturize properties, are IMHO, better then NIVEA and Neutrogena, The Price for this is expensive, ther is mild sting when you put it on. This is probably one of the best commercial balms you can get, I can easily put it upthere with my proraso balm, diffrence is that there is no menthol, which is not realy a bad thing, especially during the canadian winter. If you get a chance, try this out!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
just started using this to try it; comparing it to the nivea spf 15 i had been using; and the murad face defense sample i had.

this is a better deal and scent than either of the other two; works just as well as the nivea, and is very easily found (available in walmart, walgreens, etc.)

for those of us with a lot of skin showing on top; this is a very economical way to make sure we get protected.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love this product.

Moisturization is good, thanks to the Shea Butter :w00t:

There is a Sliiiight cooling sensation, due to the little Peppermint present in it (not one of the first ingredients)

Scent is nice; It has the scent of the Biotherm Men products, which I like (Biotherm belongs to L'Oreal)

Note : U.S and Canada have different regulations when it comes to displaying SPF information; while the U.S version of this product states the SPF 15 protection, there is no mention of it on the Canadian version.
However, I googled some ingredients of the Canadian one, and I found the SPF 15 ingredients.

Keep in mind that in both cases, this products provides only UVA protection
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a good 2nd balm I keep in my rotation. The SPF helps on days when I'll be at the beach or outside on the weekends playing golf or whatnot. Nivea Extreme is my go-to for now. It's difficult to say if this would be better than the Neutrogena SPF 20. It comes down to personal preference. Product works like a balm should. No thrills really, but at this price you can't complain.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I was a bit confused when I first learned that the best thing for a fresh shaved face is an Alcohol-FREE after shave. I didn't know they even existed so I went out to Wal-greens to do some field work. The Balms I saw were Brut, Nevia, and this. All were in the same price range so I went on smell. L'oreal's Men's Expert line products all have the same scent and let me tell you they picked a great one. I brought it home and my girlfriend fell in love with my new wetshaving hobby all over again. I went out today and bought the pre-shave face wash and the hydrator. Strangly 80% of the line are moisturizers, everything has the dual intention of moisturizing with some side job(wrinkles, crowsfeet, very womanly needs) so I only hit the basics. I'll review the others later but now the After shave.

It was $6 and some change for a 3.3 oz (100 ml) squeeze tube that's shape resembles a deoderant stick. I only use a pea size ammount and it does feel greasy at first but after about 10 seconds it is completely dry, my face has not felt dry (but not oily either) since I bought it, and I only use it once in the morning. It also serves the dual benifit of moisturizing my hands. I rub it on both hands before rubbing it on my face and that little bit moisturized my hands as well so that several horus later my girlfriend asked if I used hand lotion.
This stuff is realy great-- cheap, smells great, moisturizes like a dream, and cools and drys the face as well as (if not better than) Alcohol based after shaves which I will never go back to.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)