What's new

Klar Kabinett Shave Soap

Item Description

I've been using a 1 oz sample that was PIF'd to me from Nemo for the past 3 days, and have been extremely pleased with the results. The sample was pretty soft when I received it, and was easy to press fit into the bottom of a medium sized plastic ramiken I stole from the kitchen. After the 1st use, I noticed the soap hardened up, and it appears it will last a while.

The Kabinett has what most would probably call a strong scent, but personally, I tend to like strongly scented shaving products (think Erasmic). I feel it adds to the whole wetshaving experience. The best I can describe the scent is that it is reminiscent of talc. It's what I would call a clean, fresh, powdery smell.

This soap lathers quickly and easily, and produces a thick, long lasting lather. I've been using a Tweezerman badger brush with the Kabinett, and I face lather. It is very easy to load plenty of soap into the brush. I'd guess it only takes me about 10-12 seconds of swirling the brush vigorously on the top of the soap. This has provided me with plenty of product to make 4-5 passes, and there is still plenty of soap left that has to be squeezed and rinsed out of the brush after the shave.

This soap provides plenty of cushion, and seems very slick, as well. The razor seems to slide effortlessly, without any skipping. As a comparison, I'd say the Klar Kabinett is both more slick, and provides appreciably more cushion than both current formulation Williams Mug Shaving soap, and Van der Hagen Deluxe. These are the only other shave soaps I've used prior to the Kabinett.

I didn't rate price, as I received this soap sample for free, but if you enjoy using new soaps, I'd definitely recommend Klar Kabinett if you have the opportunity to pick some up. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.:thumbup1:

Latest reviews

amazing soap
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, lather, efficacy and post shave feeling
Cons: Scent
Found the Klar Seifen webshop and ordered a pack of Kabinett based on the reviews here. Friendly people, did not even have to pay in advance/PayPal or whatever, they just sent it to me with a bill from Germany. I received it in the morning in the office, so it was on my desk most of the day. Could smell the scent thru the wrapper. Floral/powdery, should be rose, but I am not good at describing scents. I had to get used to it, but now I like it. Scent is rather strong. A pack contains 2 bars of 250 grams, 500 grams in total. It is semi-hard: you can break off a piece and push it in your mug/bowl. Lathers easily, glide is good. Get good, close shaves with this soap. Good value for the money. Will be my daily soap :thumup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Everything
This soap is like a rose scented version of Tabac, which is a very good thing. The lather I get with Klar Kabinett is on par with any other soap I've used. This soap produces a lather that is slick and very protective. What more can you ask for? The price is not bad either. I bought 500g for $20 from Phil at Bullmoose. I imagine that it will take some time to work through that amount.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)