What's new

JM Fraser's shaving cream

Pros: super cheap, amazing lather, good scent, 450ML!
Cons: none
This is absolutely amazing stuff considering the price you pay. I was able to get a lather that I think beats Musgo and TOBS, and those are two big name shaving creams. The scent, like others have said, is a fake lemony scent. It's still nice though. Print on the packaging smeared very easily, but the tub is otherwise fine. Oh yeah, I haven't even gotten to the best part yet. You get 16 ounces of shaving cream in one tub. It'll last forever even if you use it everyday. One of shavings better kept secrets.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Good quality shaving cream by all standards. The citrus scent (similar to lemon sorbet ice cream) is very nice in the jar, but not on my face: when I lather, shave and rinse, it has an Indian cury spice smell (the closest description that I can offer)! Simply smells odd on my skin. The packaging, aka plastic jar, is very generic (resembles automotive grease containers) but simple. It lathers as richfully and easily as my proraso classic cream. I prefer my Proraso classic cream, although J.M. Fraser has better value (double the value than proraso). Worth a try, folks. You might love it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, quantity and performance
I've had three shaves with this cream and have no complaints. Good latherability, mild scent and just the right amount of slickness.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The J.M. Shaving Cream is a superior product for me. This barber-fragrance has something special. Unfortunately, the shipping costs to Europe (Germany) are very expensive and this makes it difficult to buy this great shaving cream.
Outstanding for me is the care after shaving.

Nevertheless, I would buy them again and again! :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: Wow -- $11 for 475 ml of shaving cream? There has to be a catch, right? Nope!
Quality: By the second shave, the scent goes from odd to refreshing. The cream lathers very well and results in a slick experience. Oh, and the already great value is even better: You only need a small amount to get results.
Scent: That artificial lemon found in a good deal of products. It reminds me of Lemonheads candy and, well, I'm a sucker for those.
Latherability: Whips easily and applies very well.
Efficacy: The container boldly states, "Softens tough beards" and Fraser's delivers. I received everything I expected from this product.
Moisturizing Properties: Even after the first pass, I notice a distinct change in my skin. It feels like there's a soft coating over it and this sensation lasts for hours. Pair it with an aftershave and you're enjoying soft skin even 24 hours later.
Packaging: It's a white, utilitarian container with coloured font. The cap seals tight and holds in the cream so I give it a middle-of-the-road grade. Trust me -- you don't buy Fraser's for the look of it on your shelf.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
JM Fraser shave cream is not only a good bang for the buck, it is a good bang!!!!!! This cream is stellar and just about the perfect shave cream. I am currently using the menthol version which is great and not overpowering scent. Love it.
I could use this cream forever, it's available five minutes away from my house and it's $10 for 225 mL. I love the scent, wish it would cool a bit more though.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I ordered a tub of JM Frasers based on the high marks it received in the B&B community. At first I was a little put off by the smell...it reminds me of laundry detergent. After my first shave I got used to the scent, but more importantly, it performed just as everyone said it would - my face had plenty of slickness and cushion to minimize nicks. I'd say it's on par with Proraso as far as latherability and slickness are concerned. You can't beat the price either.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This great cream has it all.
Lather
Scent
Price
Possibly the Slickest cream on earth.

This cream should be in your collection
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I love this cream. I used to use proraso and that's also a nice cream but it tended to irritate my skin a bit. JM Fraser's is also about 3 times cheaper than Proraso! You have to use a bit more cream, but it's worth it anyway. I have tried T&H Ultimate Comfort, Proraso green, and TOBS Rose and Avocado. The TOBS creams definately smell the nicest, but for value in a daily shaving cream you can't beat JM Fraser's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
The other reviews were spot on. Great cream, very thick "Proraso-like" lather.

Scent is a little weak, but i usually follow with Boosters Lime.

Packaging is plain, but thats ok when you consider this product is aimed at the professional market, so appearance isnt as important as results.

And the price!!! Under $10 for a peanut butter jar sized package!! Hard to beat.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just used this cream about two hours ago for my second DE shave (the first one was with the disappointing Kingsley soap). I have to say that this cream is awesome - great lather, very smooth, laughably cheap ($12 bucks for a huge 450ml jar) and looks like it will last for 6 months (I shave 3 times a week). The only downsides are the rather cheap barber shop smell (no comparison to TOBS) and the rather cheap and plain package. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly recommend this cream for all wetshavers, especially those on a tight budget (I'm a recently married law school student).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Great stuff, buy it you wont be disappointed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'm generally not a cream person - but for about C$30 I got this and Polar Ice shipped over from Canadaland - for the money it's well worth it. I think everyone else has covered the bases of the latherability, moisturising and glide - the scent is YMMV and I like the minimalist (totally recyclable) packaging - I don't shave with additional boxes etc
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
exdmd;908307 said:
Am I the only one who doesn't like Fraser's? It was a let down after TOBS Avocado. Takes twice as much Fraser's to get the same amount of lather as TOBS and the lather is not as thick and lasting, nor as slick. I'm getting razor burn I never got with TOBS. Needless to say I'm going back to TOBS. I'd rather use a can of Barbasol than Fraser's.
I'm afraid Fraser's is not my cup of tea either. It shaved OK and the scent was tolerable but I thought it gunked up my razor too much. I tried it with and without a brush but wasn't quite happy either way. If it works well for you, your beard, and your equipment then God speed to you! :thumbup1:
Produces the best lather and a very nice scent to boot. Not sure about moisturizing properties, but my skin feels nice after I apply "Iced Lime" Booster as an aftershave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
Just shaved with it this morning. It is certainly an economy size tub! Lather and moisturizing were excellent. The scent was refreshing like a lemon-lime gatorade.
Normally, I have always used will always use an old fashion, time proven; high quality triple mill scented shaving soaps as my daily. I have an easy beard to shave with no skin sensitivity problems. I guess I am just lucky, just about all shaving products can work for me. I really like this product and as far as results go, I will place it to a good second place to the top English shaving cream brands. Its' price point is what amazes me, it is an affordable and of excellent value, and this tub will last a long time for an everyday user. The scent is a bias, comfort scent to me, and I really like it; the scent reminded me when my dads took me to the barber shop in the 60s and early 70s, where there always someone, a friend or relative or two always greeting us. Moisturizing properties is sufficient, but average. The lathering is impressive and provides a comfortable and reliable shave. It gets the job done and I highly recommend JM Fraser shaving cream, especially to one who wants an affordable daily and without the pretty smell.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Am I the only one who doesn't like Fraser's? It was a let down after TOBS Avocado. Takes twice as much Fraser's to get the same amount of lather as TOBS and the lather is not as thick and lasting, nor as slick. I'm getting razor burn I never got with TOBS. Needless to say I'm going back to TOBS. I'd rather use a can of Barbasol than Fraser's.
Pros: Fragrance, lather, price, and performance
Cons: doesn't have any menthol like the Polar Ice Aftershave does
For years I used the canned SC and shaving was a chore that I had to try to remember to do every day. Then the light came on and I was able to actually feel and enjoy shaving again, by using the correct products and techniques. My first SC was COBigelow/Proraso. I read and studied, and realized I needed something more, read a comment with a link to Fendrihan, and then I stumbled onto Fraser's Polar Ice. I now realize how fortunate I was to have had those two products as my first ones. I was intimidated by Fraser's for the first 2 or 3 times, then I got distracted and let my Fraser's sit on the shelf for a couple of weeks before using it again. When I returned to it, that was a turning point when I began to realize that I had discovered something rare. By ignoring hype and price, and going against the most popular and widely acclaimed "name" products, I had found the very best world-class shaving cream, cheap and plentiful. I've got almost a dozen now, bought and sold a dozen others, and they are all judged against my personal standard, JM Fraser's. The scent of it changes, at least in my mind, over time, depending on my mood and my state of mind. Strangely, the first few times I shaved with it, I felt a very cool sensation, but recently, perhaps because there is such an affinity between my physiological makeup and Fraser's chemistry, I don't get the coolness of the Polar Ice, it's just serendipity. I have no cuts, no nicks, when I take my time and concentrate on what I'm doing. Fraser's is forgiving, and if I get in a hurry, I don't cut myself like I have done in the past with other, less protective creams. My upper lip has a wire-like beard, and with other creams, I can't go against the grain in that area, or it just grabs and pulls and cuts. Fraser's softens those wires, and provides such lubrication and protection, that I can actually go against the grain, and that is something I was never able to do before. If you don't have it or haven't tried it, I am sorry that you are missing out. Remember my experiences. I was ignorant of what I had, and if I hadn't overcome the distraction away from it, I'd have dismissed it. But I returned to it, and was lucky enough to realize the true value of this world class product. Canada is the home of the world's best shaving cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)