What's new

Ingram 'Egyptian' Cool Lather Shave

Item Description

I was made aware of this excellent shaving cream through the Shave Wiki on the Great Southern Land group. I asked a friend from Melbourne to buy it from an Arabic grocery store and send it up to me. At $2.50 AUD for a 65 ml tube this cream is a steal. What struck me most about this cream was the unbelievable smell. I've never used the English original but the scent of the Egyptian version to my nose is outstanding. I can only describe it as lemon crossed with menthol with very clean notes. Usually when I try a new cream I load a new blade but I forgot this time and used a blade that was probably due to be discarded. Even with a relatively dull blade this cream performed like a winner. Copious amounts of lather are produced with a small amount of cream and I received a very close hassle free shave with little effort. The weather in Sydney, Australia has been unbearably hot and humid lately and I have found the cooling properties of this cream to be very beneficial. While it didn't freeze my face off (which was my only disappointment) the cooling effect surpasses Proraso and the fragrance lasts for a long time. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get this cream outside of Egypt but you could ask at your local Arab grocery. For my mind this cream currently sits pride of place in my bathroom cabinet and it is the only thing that gets me going on a 38 degree/100 percent humidity day.

Latest reviews

Pros: Please read review
Cons: Please read review
Currently living in Cairo, this product is available everywhere and it is priced at.. wait for it.. $0.25.

First off, compared to other shave soaps I currently own such as TBS Macca Root and Truefitt & Hill 1805, the word 'bargain' undermines this purchase lol

Past reviews got me curious to try it, so here goes:

Scent: I am not big on menthol smells, but it doesn't linger after the shave- eventually turns powdery so I'm happy.

Lather: Quite good, thick rich lather with very little amount.

Protection: Shaved me nicely, as good as my T&H 1805 and better than TBS Macca Root.

*Bonus* I think the idea was that Egypt is terribly hot, for that price range manufactured for the average citizen- keeping in mind the unfortunate impovrished population- the peasant, the army in Sinai desert etc. The menthol cooling sensation is thus the punchline, it cools your face to an amazing degree while shaving, so much that I didn't feel the usual razor burn and could go more times over my sensitive areas. Once done shaving I kept feeling happy not minding the boiling weather outdoors, whereas with normal creams and sweating my skin would normally start turning red and burning.

Definitely a try at that price and if you live in hot weather areas.

Conclusion: I was impressed. If I ever were destined to move soon, I would buy a boatload of it. It should be a plus using it until winter sets in at least.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Very cooling and fresh, great consistency unlike the UK version
Cons: Tube is too small
Except for the tube being so small, I would rate this product as a smashing success. Scent-wise, it's almost the same as the UK version, the lather is just as rich or perhaps a little richer, and the cooling effect is awesome. Another feature of Egyptian Ingram is that it holds its consistency a lot better than the British version which tends to separate under warm conditions.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was made aware of this excellent shaving cream through the Shave Wiki on the Great Southern Land group. I asked a friend from Melbourne to buy it from an Arabic grocery store and send it up to me. At $2.50 AUD for a 65 ml tube this cream is a steal. What struck me most about this cream was the unbelievable smell. I've never used the English original but the scent of the Egyptian version to my nose is outstanding. I can only describe it as lemon crossed with menthol with very clean notes. Usually when I try a new cream I load a new blade but I forgot this time and used a blade that was probably due to be discarded. Even with a relatively dull blade this cream performed like a winner. Copious amounts of lather are produced with a small amount of cream and I received a very close hassle free shave with little effort. The weather in Sydney, Australia has been unbearably hot and humid lately and I have found the cooling properties of this cream to be very beneficial. While it didn't freeze my face off (which was my only disappointment) the cooling effect surpasses Proraso and the fragrance lasts for a long time. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get this cream outside of Egypt but you could ask at your local Arab grocery. For my mind this cream currently sits pride of place in my bathroom cabinet and it is the only thing that gets me going on a 38 degree/100 percent humidity day.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)