What's new

"New" Arko extra sensitive

Item Description

I used to work in Auburn which is Australia's version of 'Little Istanbul' with it's vibrant Turkish culture, shops and cafes. Turks seem to be the most obsessive shavers on earth judging by the numbers of shaving creams they produce and the abundant supply of Turkish barbers in Auburn in which a wide range of Turkish shaving products are easily found.

For years Arko sensitive was the only shaving cream I would use as I would never get any rash or irritation and the scent was so powerful and agreeable that it seemed to have eau de parfum qualities and would last 10 hours easily. When I finally made it back to Auburn to the grocer who still remembered me from 7 years ago I was disappointed to see that Arko sensitive was not available and that it had been replaced by Arko extra sensitive. To say that I have extra sensitive skin is an understatement so I was hoping that Evyap industries had improved upon the sensitive version.

Like all Arko creams, this one lathered up a dream. I almost made a Santa Claus beard of foam out of a tiny amount of cream but I was very disappointed by the new scent which is akin to the Lavender disenfectant I use to clean my floors. However, what really got my goat was that this cream for all intents and purposes is a massive regression from it's original. For a cream that is supposed to be extra sensitive I found that I received numerous cuts and a bad shaving rash despite the aloe vera in it's ingredients. I'm not sure if Arko sensitive is still available but I certainly won't be using this one again. While it's probably not the most important matter in the world I was also disappointed to see that Arko now comes in a plastic tube. To me plastic is cheap and nasty. There's something reassuring about a metal tube of shaving cream which reminds me of my youth before plastic packaging had taken over the world.

Latest reviews

Hmmm, am just awaiting delivery of Arko Cool and Extra Sensitive that I purchased on ebay, was looking forward to it but a bit nervous about using it now!!!!
I can't speak to Arko in the metal tubes but Arko "sensitive" in plastic tubes is still available at a few vendors if you look around. This new "extra sensitive" has lavender oil in it which can be irritating to sensitive skin, so that's maybe why you got the rash - it could have been an allergic reaction. Also, judging from the ingredients lists I got it would seem the amount of aloe vera in there is such a trivial amount it probably doesn't have much of an effect on the shave.
I used to work in Auburn which is Australia's version of 'Little Istanbul' with it's vibrant Turkish culture, shops and cafes. Turks seem to be the most obsessive shavers on earth judging by the numbers of shaving creams they produce and the abundant supply of Turkish barbers in Auburn in which a wide range of Turkish shaving products are easily found.

For years Arko sensitive was the only shaving cream I would use as I would never get any rash or irritation and the scent was so powerful and agreeable that it seemed to have eau de parfum qualities and would last 10 hours easily. When I finally made it back to Auburn to the grocer who still remembered me from 7 years ago I was disappointed to see that Arko sensitive was not available and that it had been replaced by Arko extra sensitive. To say that I have extra sensitive skin is an understatement so I was hoping that Evyap industries had improved upon the sensitive version.

Like all Arko creams, this one lathered up a dream. I almost made a Santa Claus beard of foam out of a tiny amount of cream but I was very disappointed by the new scent which is akin to the Lavender disenfectant I use to clean my floors. However, what really got my goat was that this cream for all intents and purposes is a massive regression from it's original. For a cream that is supposed to be extra sensitive I found that I received numerous cuts and a bad shaving rash despite the aloe vera in it's ingredients. I'm not sure if Arko sensitive is still available but I certainly won't be using this one again. While it's probably not the most important matter in the world I was also disappointed to see that Arko now comes in a plastic tube. To me plastic is cheap and nasty. There's something reassuring about a metal tube of shaving cream which reminds me of my youth before plastic packaging had taken over the world.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)