What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock

Item Description

I just picked up 50 of these guys from our own Dridiot over on the shopping forum and I must say they might just replace my red pack Personnas as my blade of choice. They are sharper than the Personnas - very close to Feathers. And they are very smooth. Even my chin is BBS with very little effort needed. They aren't as cheap as the red packs - they cost approximated twice as much. They also don't seem to last as long - I can get 3 comfortable shaves out of one, rather than the 5-6 out of a red Personna. But still, $12 for 50 blades isn't exactly what you call painful - especially when you compare it even to the old Atra and Trac II cartridges. And of course the new 5 bladed wonders, you can't even buy a four pack for that. So by all means give them a shot!

Packaging is kind of neat - they are double wrapped and come in cardboard boxes of 5. Perfect. No plastic.

My kit is, as usual, a ball end Tech and Speick cream. Heck, I hardly had any sting at all when I splashed on the Speick a/s. Go get some of these blades!

Latest reviews

Pros: Forgiving for a new DE shaver, no cuts
Cons: some areas need a forth "clean-up" pass, seem to need to shave daily (compared to others that allow me to skip a day)
I put my pros and cons above, so I guess I will expand upon them here: I have been wetshaving for less than a month. I started with the Merkur blade that came with my 180 razor, then on to a Shark, Derby, then Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless. This was the first blade that I have used with bleeding. I will need to go back to the Shark and Derby later to see if that is because my technique is improving or because the blade is "right" for me face.

I just started a shave journal, so I do not have complete information on the Sharks and Derbys, but I do not remember having to regularly have clean-up passes at the neck/jaw area with Shark and Derby like I do with 7 o'clock ss. Even with a forth pass, I still get less irritation and razor burn than I did with my Mach 3.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, Sharp, great quality
Cons: Lousy packaging
I love this blade! It's the core of my regimen along with TOBS Avocado. I get no neck irritation, which is, for me, amazing! The blades are super sharp, right up there with Feathers. The little box can be loose, and lacks a used blade compartment, but that's what banks are for!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Made In St. Petersburg Russia Gotta Be good :)
Cons: Glue on blades and no used blade bank.
Good value for the price, my second favourite after 7 o clock yellows. Had 3 good shaves in a slim adjustable set to #3 switched to a tech and have had 5 good shaves so far :) Recommeded for the rotation and a good subsitute for when I can't get the yellows.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)