What's new

Gillette 7 O'Clock

Pros: Forgiving for a new DE shaver, no cuts
Cons: some areas need a forth "clean-up" pass, seem to need to shave daily (compared to others that allow me to skip a day)
I put my pros and cons above, so I guess I will expand upon them here: I have been wetshaving for less than a month. I started with the Merkur blade that came with my 180 razor, then on to a Shark, Derby, then Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless. This was the first blade that I have used with bleeding. I will need to go back to the Shark and Derby later to see if that is because my technique is improving or because the blade is "right" for me face.

I just started a shave journal, so I do not have complete information on the Sharks and Derbys, but I do not remember having to regularly have clean-up passes at the neck/jaw area with Shark and Derby like I do with 7 o'clock ss. Even with a forth pass, I still get less irritation and razor burn than I did with my Mach 3.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, Sharp, great quality
Cons: Lousy packaging
I love this blade! It's the core of my regimen along with TOBS Avocado. I get no neck irritation, which is, for me, amazing! The blades are super sharp, right up there with Feathers. The little box can be loose, and lacks a used blade compartment, but that's what banks are for!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Made In St. Petersburg Russia Gotta Be good :)
Cons: Glue on blades and no used blade bank.
Good value for the price, my second favourite after 7 o clock yellows. Had 3 good shaves in a slim adjustable set to #3 switched to a tech and have had 5 good shaves so far :) Recommeded for the rotation and a good subsitute for when I can't get the yellows.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth, Sharp
Tried 3 different blades so far out of my sampler, and the Green pacl Gilette Super Stainless are by far my favorite.

Very sharp, cut hair well, very smooth shave with hardly to no irritation. Always get a great BBS shave from these.

Highly recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp without being irritating.
Cons: Lasts about 3-4 shaves.
This blade has never irritated me. I can only say that about one other brand, Wilkinson Swords. The packaging is simple, and there is no blade bank, thats why I keep an old mason jar in the bottem drawer. I have 200 of them, and plan on gathering a lifetime supply.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice & Smooth, very sharp.
Cons: Weren't free!
#2 in my rotation, which is quite a feat. I was getting a little disappointed with different manufacturers. I luckily bought a sample pack with B&B's advise. I've tried about 9 different blades and these Gillette greens perform the best for me. Blacks & yellows not so much.

Nice experience for me. Try them!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
When I first used the blade (1st shave), I was astonished at its smoothness: absolutely no nicks, weepers, or irritation. I found it gentle on my skin. After a few shaves, it started loosing its quality. A very good blade.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Are these India Gillettes?
I would review these blades if I knew which Gillette 7 O'Clock ones they are, i.e, which country they are manufactured in. The OP did not provide enough details to know for sure. Hence the neutral review.

The color scheme matches the India Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp Stainless blades; only the word "Permasharp" is missing.

This is the India Permasharp:

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=68382&title=gillette-7-o-27clock-permasharp-stainless&cat=50

Gillette sure does a good job of keeping people confused with all these labels produced in different countries. But then most of the people buying them buy them in their own countries, except Americans, right?

The India Permasharp blades sell for 30 rupees for a five-blade tuck, which is about 3x what they are worth.

Too bad I can't upload a photo in the review.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I used one blade from a sample pack with my Merkur and initially was not happy -- razor burn, tugging. I have been using a Fat Boy for the past three months and thought I would try the rest of the blades left from the box in the sampler. Four days of great, razor burn free shaves! I ordered 100 from Wish4Star on Amazon for $25.00 with free shipping, that is about 25 cents a blade. Overall, this is a very high quality blade which I am using in my rotation of blades.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I really like these blades. I get 3 good 4 pass shaves from each with no nicks, weepers or irritation. Sharp and smooth these are. Just as good as Astra SP or Astra SS IMO. A very good blades a a great price from Sam at ntguys.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These blades are very surprising given their dirt cheap price and the fact they are not coated. With good face prep, my EJ 89L and AOS Unscented Cream they produce a 1st class, excellent BBS shave every time. They last 3 to 5 shaves for me. Most others last just 2 or 3 max. In terms of sharpness i do compare them to Feathers but without the harshness. They are much smoother, even with a more aggressive technique. I usually do a 3-pass shave minimum with some buffing afterwords. I do have a thick beard but fairly sensitive skin. No cuts or weepers at all. Very similar to my experience with Gillette Yellows and Bluebirds.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I used these blades this morning and thought they were horrible. I had so much tugging that it reminded me of shaving in Iraq after a week of not being able to shower, using cold water, and no shave foam whatsoever. I couldn't even finish the shave with this blade. I had to eventually switch back to my shark blades mid-shave because there was so much hair left over on my beard area and I was afraid I was gonna cut myself. It seriously felt like I was using a rusty razor blade or something.
Paul, ain't that just how it goes? I wasn't happy with Derby blades; put 'em in a different ax and lo! It was good.

As a fairly new convert I forget to swap out blades to the rest of my collection. That usually separates the goats from the sheep for me!
I honestly don't see how someone could rate these blades highly unless they have not tried any other blades.
I could only get thru one pass with one of these blades and I do not care to give them a second chance.
I did not cut myself with it but I just found them very dull.

Paul
I've used these for about two months and had excellent experience. They are sharp and comfortable and I usually change after three shaves but have probably gone five after forgetting to change.

I tried my first Feather today and that absolutely blew me away. I hope the next two shaves are as good.
Got some of these free with my regular blade order and gave one a try in a HD. Found it to be a really good blade -- not quite as sharp or smooth as my regular blade (Feather) but pretty close. Considering the price, I will definitely order more.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
The Russian Greens have to be compared to Iridiums. They are probably one of the same only difference is packaging. Smooth and sharp from first shave to last and thats about 5 days worth. I paid $7.99 for 25 including shipping.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Tried these from a sampler pack. Was pleasantly surprised. Great, comfortable shaves. much nicer blades then the Merkurs, I'll say that.

The packaging was the biggest drawback. For one, the blades had glue (residue) on them from the wax paper holding them in. It doesn't look good, i didn't want the glue getting on my skin so I had to wash the blade before i used it. The saddest part is that the glue is unnecessary. As Most razor blade companies know: the wax paper being just folded around the blade is enough to secure it.

The other packaging problem is the cardboard box. Its cheap. i like the razor blades coming in the plastic packs with a place to put the used blades. These you need a blade bank to dispose of the used blades.

Packaging aside, great blades. I will use again. They last between 4-5 shaves for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I like these blades alot! I do like the 7 O'clock yellows better, but in general like all the "Made in Russia" blades!:biggrin1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
It's a very sharp, smooth and for the longevity, i can get 3 shaves out of them.
Normally 2 shaves is my max whit a blade.
I highly recommend them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave