What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge

Item Description

These blades are produced in St. Petersburg Russia and they are by far the smoothest and most comfortable blade at its price point that I have used to date. These blades differ from the Russian 7 O'clock PermaSharp blades in smoothness and sharpness IMHO. The SharpEdge blades are coated where as the PermaSharp blades are not. I am not sure sure about the same blades that are produced in India, I have not tried them.

I have tried this blade in several razors, and with many different soaps and creams. With every trial run, I get excellent results and of course some are better with certain soap/cream and razor combinations than others but I still get steller results compared to other blades I have used.

I find these blades just as smooth and sharp as Feather but far cheaper. The only thing I feel the Feathers have over the SharpEdge blades is the fact that they seem to last longer than the SharpEdge blades. Also, I find these blades far superior to the Gillette Sweedes, IMHO they are sharper, smoother and cause less irritation, but of course YMMV.

If you like Feathers, I urge you to give these a try. They might surprise you.

Latest reviews

Pros: Sharp and smooth
Cons: none
Damn sharp. Did I say sharp? After using numerous "smooth" rated blades this is the one. Sharp requires a lighter touch on my softer than average beard. A lighter touch equals less irritation, therefore smooth. A less sharp blade requires a more pressure risking razor burn. Longevity is fantastic. They seem to hold their edge longer than, Personna, Astra, Voskhod, and Crystal. All of those pre- mentioned I would recommend. It is just that these rate the higher than those that I mentioned. I am getting 6 to 7 shaves per blade. I rated packaging an 8 because I prefer the little plastic boxes for blade disposal. Minor comment. Others don't like the plastic for environmental reasons. Preventing cut fingers trumps all other reasons.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smoothness, sharpness,
Cons: Longevity
My go-to blade. The best I've found. I shave every other day using pre-shave oil along with a soap puck. This blade gets just close enough in my Merkur 33C, and it always cuts through my rather thick whiskers.

The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last too long; I don't even attempt a fourth shave. Considering I'm every-other-day, though, it doesn't bother me. I can get 100 blades for $26 at West Coast Shaving, and that's plenty good for me.

I just hope they perform as well in my Slim!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: very sharp and Smooth
Cons: NONE
Going to get some more I got mine in a Trade of some products.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)