What's new

Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge

Pros: Sharp and smooth
Cons: none
Damn sharp. Did I say sharp? After using numerous "smooth" rated blades this is the one. Sharp requires a lighter touch on my softer than average beard. A lighter touch equals less irritation, therefore smooth. A less sharp blade requires a more pressure risking razor burn. Longevity is fantastic. They seem to hold their edge longer than, Personna, Astra, Voskhod, and Crystal. All of those pre- mentioned I would recommend. It is just that these rate the higher than those that I mentioned. I am getting 6 to 7 shaves per blade. I rated packaging an 8 because I prefer the little plastic boxes for blade disposal. Minor comment. Others don't like the plastic for environmental reasons. Preventing cut fingers trumps all other reasons.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smoothness, sharpness,
Cons: Longevity
My go-to blade. The best I've found. I shave every other day using pre-shave oil along with a soap puck. This blade gets just close enough in my Merkur 33C, and it always cuts through my rather thick whiskers.

The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last too long; I don't even attempt a fourth shave. Considering I'm every-other-day, though, it doesn't bother me. I can get 100 blades for $26 at West Coast Shaving, and that's plenty good for me.

I just hope they perform as well in my Slim!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: very sharp and Smooth
Cons: NONE
Going to get some more I got mine in a Trade of some products.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very smooth comfortable shave. lasted 7 days and could of gotten more but 7 is all i ask out of a blade.
Cons: price, priced on the higher end of blades
So far in my quest for a blade to buy my first 100 pack of this one stands out the most. My first shave was fantastic. very smooth glides across my face with no pulling almost felt like i had no blade in at all. tried in both merkur long handle and fatip grande. also used colonel conk bay rum and proraso green shaving soaps. I know ill be buying more of these blades in spite of cost, i just want to have some on hand so i can feel how great a shave they give.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smooth as a Feather
Cons: Nothing really
Very smooth blades, very close to the Feathers. Lasting easily for more than 5 shaves. No pulling at any time. Sharp enough but not dangerously so.

A very good blade ! I fully recommend them !
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: cool looking packaging
Cons: dissapointing performance.
I really wanted to try these blades after all the good reviews I read about them but I was disappointed by them.

I found them rough on the face, not all that sharp and they didn't leave the smooth just had a good shave feeling I get with other blades.

It was on par with Silver Blues but I didn't rate those too highly either.

Overall I got four shaves out of them but I think the shaving experience should be better from the inventors of this system.

There are better and cheaper blades out there Astra SP and Personna Labs are two that come to mind, they blow yellows away IMO.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: smooth, longlasting
Cons: unfindable locally (just online)
With Bolzano SuperInox and Feather my go-to blade.
Here in Italy is not so easy to find.
Just online. :(

This is a must-try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and have a reasonable longevity
I like these better than the 7 o'clock blue labels. They aren't as sharp as these it seems.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, Smooth
These blades are a pretty decent shaver. They are sharp, and give a semi-smooth shave. If Feather's aren't your bag, but you still need a sharp yet smooth blade, give these 7oC Yellows a try.

They are certainly smoother than a Feather, though just a tad less sharp, but only a tiny tad.

Great blade overall and #2 in my stack.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Gillette brand
Cons: Not "super sharp" out of the wrapper
They arent bad by any means, but i have found others that are sharper out of the wrapper and hold better. The problem i have found is i have to go back and do alot of touch ups, compared to others i can make a few pases and leave it be. Maybe its my razor, or my style, but touch ups are the norm. It seems to hold its edge, just not get it all on the first cycle. No cuts or blood.

On Edit;
The blade makes the doors on my Gillette SS hang up when i try to open it. I have to pull up in the centerof the blade, that helps the door open. This is the only blade that makes my razor act like this.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Very smooth and sharp.
Cons: 3 shaves and done.
This is my favorite DE blade. It is very smooth and sharp. I have a thick, dense beard that tends to chew up most blades. Typically, I get one or two uses out of all other blade brands. With the Gillette yellows, I can push three to four. The best deal I can find is at www.razorsdirect.com. They offer 100 for $20.99 with free S&H. IMO these are every bit as sharp as Feather blades but without the harshness.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very sharp and smooth
Cons: Glue on blades
I got this blade as part of a trial pack given to me from one of the other b&b members and so far, it's the best blade I've used.
It's very sharp but not aggressive and was a real pleasure to shave with although it did make my shaving rash (given to me by vidyut super-max super stainless blades) sting a little.

No pulling, bumping or anything else negative and I easily gained a bbs shave after 3 passes.

This blade has definitely been placed on my 'will buy more' pile.

A note about the glue:
if you leave your razor in very hot water while making your lather, you will notice after a while the glue melts off on it's own making the water around the razor a tiny bit cloudy. When your ready to shave, give it a quick shake under the water and you should have no problems with glue.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Very smooth and close shave
Cons: Can be hard to find the yellows.
This is an excellent blade at a very good price point.

For me, the Feather blades are too sharp. These blades are almost as sharp but much smoother with no irritation.

They last a week for me and I would say there are one of my top 3 blades.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: price, value, availability
Cons: Sometimes rough
With experience, my opinion of these blades has completely changed! They are very sharp, second only to the Feathers, and need a skilled hand. But once you know how to use them they are extremely good. They have become my mainstay blade and work well with all my razors.

I do not recommend them for a beginner due to their sharpness. You will be better off with a russian green or blue when you start and then progress to the sharper blades as you get the hang of DE shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: quality, sharpness, longevity, smoothness
Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge double-edge razor blades

Price: n/a (purchased as part of a sample pack, but the prices I found are about average)

Quality: Smooth edges but minor pitting on bevels.

Sharpness: Just a whisker below the top tier for sharpness.

Longevity: Lasts 4-5 days, which is above average for the blades I have tried

Smoothness of Shave: Smooth and close. Difficult to beat.

Packaging: Cardboard box. Double-wrapped with adhesive.

Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, last about 4 shaves, very smooth
Cons: 5+1 instead of 6+1 like the blacks I had purchased, no spent blade holder.
I purchased these as part of a large custom blade sampler that I ordered from WCS. I would rate these very close to feathers with the only marks against them being packaging and maybe a little in the sharpness category. However, for the price compared to feathers I would order these babies all day long.

I get about 3-4 shaves out of these blades with little to no irritation. I have yet to come across a bad blade. I would recommend these blades to anyone who prefers sharp blades! :biggrin1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I gave these blades a try a few times now,and get the same result.A very rough shave.In my EJ86 or my HD the result is the same.I will not be buying these blades again.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
These are my favourites for sure. I have tried many blades over the past year and this one came as a freebie pack of 5. I was so into them that I purchased 240 last week that should keep me going. Not quite on a par with the illustrious Feather but there is no fear of the unknow with this blade
Now that I have finally started my second sampler pack (with some good quality shaves under my belt and a much more consistent technique) I can't help but be surprised with how I feel about some blades now. Sadly, the Gillette Yellows were one of my favorite blades, and now I can't see myself using them again.

After going through a whole pack of 5 using each blade at least three times in three different razors, I feel a sense of disappointment. Sure, they are really sharp, and consistent in that regard between blades (hence such high ratings in sharpness and quality). But the shaves themselves were not very smooth, and I found myself cutting shaves short after the third pass and skipping my usual ATG 4th pass; by the time the second shave with the same blade in the same razor came around, I was regretting even trying XTG passes.

The packaging is pretty nice, and at $0.34 cents a blade (from West Coast Shaving) it's hard to beat for the sharpness of the blade and the overall quality of the blades (again, in terms of consistency of sharpness between blades). Too much redness and irritation for me--my last shave with them today was terrible, even in my mild Blue Tip, and I didn't even want to use a splash. My face is still red and I can still feel the stinging sensation of irritation, even an hour after my shave.:thumbdown
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
This is the best blade for me yet, though as I shave my style and skill level is changing. I rate it among iridium, red persona, feather, derby, astra, etc. It completely surprised me! Super smooth with no nics and I had the closest to a BBS I've had on the first pass! It must be true that "YMMV", because derby's were a disappointment for me, where these were what I wish derby's were. Maybe things'll change as I go back and try other blades, but for right now, this is the best shave I've had whether I like it or not (along w/ red persona, feather and iridiums)...and I like it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)