What's new

Dominica Bay Rum

Item Description

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

If you're a bay rum fan - start your engines fellas, as this is a really, really nice, inexpensive treat for bay rum fans. This aftershave comes in an old school bottle, sealed with a cork (although I hear the new bottles are more like old soda pop bottles) which really adds to a fun/neat experience.

As all alcohol based splashes go, this will have a bit of a "sting" to it, however I feel it is quite manageable, and is not in the least bit offensive, painful, or unreasonable - YMMV.

As I had mentioned earlier - it is sealed VIA a cork, so the opening of the bottle is quite large... which you'd expect to be a hindrance for a splash on aftershave - however when you use the recommended method below (see pic) it works surprisingly well, and I actually prefer it to ANY other splash top I have tried...
displayimage.php

Another neat thing about this product is the little info booklet that comes with it...
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Front and back of bottle....
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Overall, this is really a neat product for $13 and I feel provides a superb value. Just make sure you're a bay rum fan though! :thumbup:

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW WITHOUT POSTING A REVIEW - PLEASE USE THIS THREAD

:smile:

Latest reviews

This is the first bay rum I ever used, and it's what I think of first when I hear the words "bay rum". Due to the nature of the product, it scores lower than it performs. It's not cooling - it doesn't have menthol. It doesn't moisturize, but it's not terribly drying, either. It's alcohol-based, so the burn is definitely there.

However, it's one of the best smelling bay rums, period. Leathery, spicy, resiny, just a fantastic aroma, not overloaded with clove. Decent staying power, too. I love the stuff, though I wish it were still packaged in the bottle with the cork stopper.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I wont be without a bottle of this either. This is my favorite AS....hands down. The smell and performance is top notch. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I picked up the Dominica Bay Rum and Bay Rum with Limes last week at the Orvis store in NYC. I have tried the Bay Rum now a few times, both as an aftershave and as a cologne splash/skin toner. As an aftershave it works pretty well, but I have found the alcohol burn to be pretty bad (it is 55% alcohol). However, after a couple of seconds it subsides and my skin feels pretty good after using it. In terms of the scent, smelling it in the bottle and when first applied on my skin, I definitely did not like it, however when it dries down (after a few seconds really) it smells great, what I envision a classic bay rum to smell like (full disclosure: the only other Bay Rum I have used is Pinaud). However, I definitely echo the comments above around longevity-It does not last at all on my skin, no more than a few minutes, which is a shame because I really like the scent. I have yet to try the Bay Rum with Limes but that will be next-
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)