What's new

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving cream

Item Description

I must say that this is one of the most wonderful shaving creams I ever used. It smells so nice, it lathers up perfectly with any brush, and is so soothing to the skin. Although I'm very lucky to have my sister-in-law working at one of the C & E boutiques here in Montreal, I have to rate the price as kind of steep, but this cream is pure elegance and luxury, and assures the user wonderful shaves.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Price: Got this off the B/S/T for a lot less than retail; besides it isn't made anymore so price is N/A
Quality: Top notch, at least as good if not better than TOBS or Tabac, makes later just as easy if not easier, and slicker than both. You only need a little for it to work its magic.
Scent: Hard to pin down, a leather-spice mix that just works. As a previous reviewer said, it is intoxicating.
Lather: Feed this stuff a little water in its own tub, leave the badger brush fairly wet, and you have tons of meringue in just a few swirls, easily enough for 3-4 passes and the lather stays put.
Efficacy: Nice slick cushion; going back for a quick touch-up between passes is easy, this stuff doesn't dry out right away.
Moisturizing: Pretty good, not great. I prefer that though. Also it's a plus for warm weather. I say, leave the moisturizing to the AS or balms afterward. It doesn't dry out the skin and that's all I ask for in a cream.
Packaging: It's a thick dark amber glass jar! I'll be re-using it for the Sienna pucks once the cream runs out.

I wish C&E still made this cream because I love the scent and I'd hoard as much as I can; it's that good.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is the second shaving cream that I have tried right after Omega. I found this very easy to lather (for a beginner) and also had an excellent scent. I preferred this cream over Omega as I found the scent better and it was more lubricating. I was able to create more than enough lather for multiple passes with only an almond sized amount in my lathering bowl. All in all i'm very impressed with this cream.
Out of the 3 C&E scents, I love this one the most. I smeared a blot of Nomad, Sandalwood and this on my skin and asked 5 others what they preferred and this scent won hands down. Very refreshing....ocean like. Not as harsh or overbearing like the Nomad or Sandalwood.

You can tell this is a superior shave cream as from the jar it is heavy like lard/butter. I do think that it does not produce a thick lather like other brands but the end result is a great feeling shaving cream. I know I will buy another jar of this. The balm is awesome but won't elaborate on that as this post is for the cream. Nothing special about the packaging as they no longer sell the nice glass jar but the cheap plastic now. But IMO if it holds the cream, it don't matter. I judge by the quality of the product, not the bowl or box it comes in.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)