What's new

BLK-8

Item Description

Black version of the famous Kent 8 brush. In my view the ideal bowl lathering brush. Super silky soft Silvertip pure badger hairs, a great sized grip - not too small yet not to large either, perfect loft and knot shape for bowl lathering and face painting the lather afterwards.

Latest reviews

Pros: As soft as a cloud or pillow
Cons: Too soft for face lathering
I own a BK8, the Ivory handled version. This is the most luxurious and densest brush in my den. As already mentioned, it excels with creams (I've been using the Kent cream) and bowl lathering.

I don't have anything from Savile Row, Simpson's or any of the other oft mentioned great badger brushes. Eventually I plan to buy at least one of all the highly regarded British brushes but I can't imagine how they could be significantly better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Fantastic for creams
Cons: Too soft for soaps
I was tempted to go with the BLK8's big brother, the BLK12x, but this brush is plenty big enough. So much so that it tends to eat all the lather out of the bowl, which was a bit alarming at first. The good news is that the BLK8 always gives it back. This brush whips up cream like nobody's business but is too soft for soaps. Feels like a million bucks on my face. Absolutely superb for face painting. Takes a bit of extra rinsing and care due to its size and density. It's like owning a Great Dane. After a while, your dog looks normal and all the other dogs look small. Now I always get a laugh out of my dinky EJ travel brush when I hit the road. Highly recommend if you're a cream man and think you might like a large high quality brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Lush and luxurious
Cons: A bit floppy
This is a truly luxurious brush. The handle is extremely comfortable - I love this shape. As other reviewers have mentioned it would be nice if the emblem were engraved instead of printed. But that's just a minor aesthetic detail.

This wonderful for creams and quite good for soaps but not the best. Overall a wonderful brush with a great travel container.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
CHSeifert
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More in Shaving Brushes (Reviews)

More from CHSeifert

• BLK 8
    Black version of the famous Kent 8 brush. In my view the ideal bowl...
  • BLK8
    Black version of the famous Kent 8 brush. In my view the ideal bowl...
Top Bottom