Items by MAK

MAK
1.53 star(s) 17 ratings
Views
Reviews
In some ways it is strange that I am reviewing this brush now. After all it was the first brush that I bought. I thought it was expensive at $14 but I was willing to pay that high price for a “professional boar hair brush.” I was pretty happy with the brush too, until I got a badger brush and thought “I’m never going back.” With that said, I now find myself going back on occasion and finding it superior to my premium brushes for certain situations. Construction: designed for...
I recently saw a post from Drandill about a new soap site called Faith Mountain http://www.faithmountainfarm.com/men.shtml I love ma and pa operations and so I immediately went to their site. Now are they really on a mountain or in a basement in Cleveland? I don’t know but I guess it doesn’t make much of a difference. I chose their tea tree shaving soap which you can buy for the inexpensive price of a bit over $3 a puck. The soap is poured, not milled. The bar arrived neatly...
Target Shaving Set For some reason I have gotten into buying shaving stands. Odd, I know. I started with a Swissco (also reviewed) which was around $90. The Swissco is really a fine set with all of the components being top quality. I had read the reviews on this set which were posted on the Target web site. Most individuals were trilled at the bargain that they got paying less than $30 for an entire shaving set. Here is what I thought: The Stand Quality isn’t up to the...
I purchased the Swissco “Mozart” shaving set from Drugstore.com on sale for about $85. The kit comes with a nickel plated stand, a M3 razor, a badger brush and an 1.8 ounce cake of their Sapone Da Barba Shaving Soap. Overall impression: All of the components are high quality stuff and with a little care they should last and look good for years. I especially like the small footprint of the stand which fits well on my small vanity. The components: Stand: simple but elegant design...
Top Bottom