What's new

American Tourister Toiletry bag

Item Description

I'm a pretty indecisive guy. When I travel, I have a hard time deciding what shaving gear to take with me. To me, the thought of using just one(or even two!) creams, soaps or razors for a week or so is a bit frightening! Unfortunately, with a lot of toiletry bags you're just not going to have the room to carry much more than that. Well, with this bag, that issue has been eliminated!!

Price: I picked this up at Walmart for $9.98 I think. At that price, I really feel it can't be beaten, although it may cost more at other stores.
Quality:No complaints here. I've had it for a couple of months now, and it still seems pretty solidly put together. Zippers work well, the nylon fabric isn't as flimsy as it could have been. It could have been better, but for what I payed for it, I think it's excellent quality.
Performance:Holds lots of stuff, and keeps it nice and close at hand.
Usefulness:(I guess this is pretty similar to the "performance" category) It's got lots of room for stuff, and I love the little loops that are perfectly sized for safety razors. It would have been better if they were spaced a little further apart, but it works nicely. The one thing I would have done differently, is to add a small mirror by the hanging doohicky.
Durability: It's Cordura, it's pretty durable.
Packaging:Packaging? I don't understand why this category hasn't been eliminated yet.

Right now I've got the following inside my bag:

(Main cavity)
Aos Sandalwood Soap(In plastic jar)
Ogallala BR & Sandalwood Soap(in plastic jar)
Vulfix Sandalwood tub
Original Body shop cream tub
Erasmic Cream tube
Penworks brush(in tube)
Vulfix brush(in tube)
Merkur Futur
Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Slim Twist
Gillette Superspeed(black tip)
Gillette Super Adjustable
Bottle Spanish Floid (150ml)
Small 2oz bottle of Ogallala BR & Sandalwood AS

(in the pockets on the top flap)
pack bic chrome platinum blades
pack red personna blades
pack Gillette 7 0 clock yellow blades
pack Croma blades
pack kai blades
pack Astra Superior blades
pack Dorco 301 blades
small(10 ml maybe) bottle of TOBS sandalwood AS
Small(10ml maybe) bottle of MPG santal noble
3 tube keys

(In the side pockets)
Gillette Khaki Set
Two shave ready straight razors, in coffin boxes.
4 more straight razors ready to go get honed, not in boxes

I had actually removed a few aftershaves and colognes this morning, so this bag can actually hold a bit more than what I have listed. Pretty impressive if you ask me..

As you can see, this bag holds a tremendous amount of shave gear. If your someone who's happy traveling with one of everything this bag probably isn't for you. If you embrace your AD's like I do, then this is probably just what you've been looking for. I use mine for a lot more than just traveling as well. It is constantly hung up in my bathroom(by the nifty hook thingy on the inside flap) where It holds some of my normal rotation at my finger tips.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Latest reviews

I'm a pretty indecisive guy. When I travel, I have a hard time deciding what shaving gear to take with me. To me, the thought of using just one(or even two!) creams, soaps or razors for a week or so is a bit frightening! Unfortunately, with a lot of toiletry bags you're just not going to have the room to carry much more than that. Well, with this bag, that issue has been eliminated!!

Price: I picked this up at Walmart for $9.98 I think. At that price, I really feel it can't be beaten, although it may cost more at other stores.
Quality:No complaints here. I've had it for a couple of months now, and it still seems pretty solidly put together. Zippers work well, the nylon fabric isn't as flimsy as it could have been. It could have been better, but for what I payed for it, I think it's excellent quality.
Performance:Holds lots of stuff, and keeps it nice and close at hand.
Usefulness:(I guess this is pretty similar to the "performance" category) It's got lots of room for stuff, and I love the little loops that are perfectly sized for safety razors. It would have been better if they were spaced a little further apart, but it works nicely. The one thing I would have done differently, is to add a small mirror by the hanging doohicky.
Durability: It's Cordura, it's pretty durable.
Packaging:Packaging? I don't understand why this category hasn't been eliminated yet.

Right now I've got the following inside my bag:

(Main cavity)
Aos Sandalwood Soap(In plastic jar)
Ogallala BR & Sandalwood Soap(in plastic jar)
Vulfix Sandalwood tub
Original Body shop cream tub
Erasmic Cream tube
Penworks brush(in tube)
Vulfix brush(in tube)
Merkur Futur
Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Slim Twist
Gillette Superspeed(black tip)
Gillette Super Adjustable
Bottle Spanish Floid (150ml)
Small 2oz bottle of Ogallala BR & Sandalwood AS

(in the pockets on the top flap)
pack bic chrome platinum blades
pack red personna blades
pack Gillette 7 0 clock yellow blades
pack Croma blades
pack kai blades
pack Astra Superior blades
pack Dorco 301 blades
small(10 ml maybe) bottle of TOBS sandalwood AS
Small(10ml maybe) bottle of MPG santal noble
3 tube keys

(In the side pockets)
Gillette Khaki Set
Two shave ready straight razors, in coffin boxes.
4 more straight razors ready to go get honed, not in boxes

I had actually removed a few aftershaves and colognes this morning, so this bag can actually hold a bit more than what I have listed. Pretty impressive if you ask me..

As you can see, this bag holds a tremendous amount of shave gear. If your someone who's happy traveling with one of everything this bag probably isn't for you. If you embrace your AD's like I do, then this is probably just what you've been looking for. I use mine for a lot more than just traveling as well. It is constantly hung up in my bathroom(by the nifty hook thingy on the inside flap) where It holds some of my normal rotation at my finger tips.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)