What's new

DECEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my gold #16 just showed up to be my first score of the month. Cleaning up nicely after one soap bath. Mechanically the top rivet is a bit lose, but snugs down well enough for the moment. She could be prettier, but like me she has some experience and I like it. Likely candidate for a replate on down the road.

Thater ivory beehive boar.

20171215_150155.jpg

timwcic

"Look what I found"
A find on the internet classified ads. A vintage Seto Marujyu shaving scuttle in excellent condition. Just in time for winter. Pictured with one of my favorite barber style brushes.

IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG
IMG_1469.JPG

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Yesterday I picked up a tube of Dr. Bonner's Tea Tree Organic Shaving Soap while at the health food store by my in-laws. I bought it on sale with a $1 off. 7oz for $7.05 seems like a good deal. I've used their peppermint hand soap before and have like it so I figure this was worth giving a try. Has anyone else ever used their shaving soaps? Hopefully it works well, but it is always fun trying different products.
Steve
View attachment 841853
I think you wasted $7....I bought it also once, and it was the worst ever.

I used it the other day. The lather was on the foamy side, but it smelled great and the slickness was fine. It was not the best product I have used, but I enjoyed it.
Steve

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I bought the Lime version once. I tried to use it, but it wouldn't lather, and didn't smell very good. I like their other products, but their shave creams are not for me.
Same experience here! We use their Castile soaps for many years and also their bars, great stuff, but the shaving stuff is truly nothing.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Picked up this "Antique Gillette Shaving kit" for a song on my birthday...
proxy.php

Lands tomorrow! So excited to try it!

Last edited:
Picked up this "Antique Gillette Shaving kit" for a song on my birthday...
proxy.php

Lands tomorrow! So excited to try it!
Well, well, well, looks like some didn't know what they had! Interesting mismatched "set." A BIG congrats, Christopher. And a belated happy birthday.

December culminated today; this is after they all had a soap bath and brush scrub. From left to right we have a ‘64 flair tip Super speed, 40’s no notch super speed, ‘86 black handle super speed, 46/47 Aristocrat, 48/50 Aristocrat, ‘55 Diplomat, and the 48/52 gold #16 Aristocrat I picked up earlier this month.

Merry Christmas everyone!

December culminated today; this is after they all had a soap bath and brush scrub. From left to right we have a ‘64 flair tip Super speed, 40’s no notch super speed, ‘86 black handle super speed, 46/47 Aristocrat, 48/50 Aristocrat, ‘55 Diplomat, and the 48/52 gold #16 Aristocrat I picked up earlier this month.

Merry Christmas everyone!
EX - CEL - LANT scores, Richard! That's a fine lot of good looking razors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom