What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

I'm pretty happy with everything else I have. I just have ASAD for some reason. So, if you need any testers for your aftershave ideas.. hint, hint.. lol

I might be going to L'Occitaine store today to pickup the Plisson brush as well as the travel brush. Maybe some Cade.

You got it man! Once I can get an aftershave to smell better than wet donkey I'll be looking for guinea pigs...err...testers.

So far so good....I did see a posting about buying Russian blades on evilpay because of the advantages of exchange rates, but I managed to control myself. (and it's not like I really need them!).

So far so good....I did see a posting about buying Russian blades on evilpay because of the advantages of exchange rates, but I managed to control myself. (and it's not like I really need them!).

The temptations will abound much of the year. There always comes a point where stockpiling just doesn't make sense since we'll never go through the stuff we have on hand anytime in the next 4 years... or more. lol

Hi,

Well, having been retrained for the past year has an unexpected payoff. I want to get both a NEW LC and SC for a replate scheme I have hatched. So, yesterday I went on eBay to browse thru the vintage razors and only managed to look at two pages before quitting. Seems I can't even make myself interested. And, I only have until the 7th to find my project bits. It may well not happen.

Stan

Hi,

Well, having been retrained for the past year has an unexpected payoff. I want to get both a NEW LC and SC for a replate scheme I have hatched. So, yesterday I went on eBay to browse thru the vintage razors and only managed to look at two pages before quitting. Seems I can't even make myself interested. And, I only have until the 7th to find my project bits. It may well not happen.

Stan

I had a similar experience after completing the 2013 Sabbatical. My AD's had been pretty effectively tamed for about the next 9 or 10 months.

My first online order with Gouletpens.com has been placed today. Am I'm doing this online shaving sabbatical thing the right way?

My first online order with Gouletpens.com has been placed today. Am I'm doing this online shaving sabbatical thing the right way?

Oooo... so whatcha get, jeff? The 2013 Sabbatical is what caused me to get a couple pens and some inks as well. lol So I guess you are doing it right?

Oooo... so whatcha get, jeff? The 2013 Sabbatical is what caused me to get a couple pens and some inks as well. lol So I guess you are doing it right?

No pens in this order. I was piffed a Parker 45 with some Diamine Asa Blue ink and I picked up a Pilot 78G from a passaround box. I picked up some Pilot Blue/Black cartridges to go in the 78G as well as a cleaning kit for both pens. Also picked up a Con-20 to put into the pilot so I could try out some sample inks as well.

No pens in this order. I was piffed a Parker 45 with some Diamine Asa Blue ink and I picked up a Pilot 78G from a passaround box. I picked up some Pilot Blue/Black cartridges to go in the 78G as well as a cleaning kit for both pens. Also picked up a Con-20 to put into the pilot so I could try out some sample inks as well.

Ah, so this isn't exactly your initial foray into the pens. lol I never tried any of the pilot cartridges, I went right to the converter since the metro's I bought came with them, and never looked back at the cartridges. I have a small bag of them hanging around somewhere, still, I think. lol

Ah, so this isn't exactly your initial foray into the pens. lol I never tried any of the pilot cartridges, I went right to the converter since the metro's I bought came with them, and never looked back at the cartridges. I have a small bag of them hanging around somewhere, still, I think. lol

It's my first purchase, but I have a little experience. My wife bought me a set of Pilot Varsity pens last year and I have had the Parker 45 for about a month or so.

It's my first purchase, but I have a little experience. My wife bought me a set of Pilot Varsity pens last year and I have had the Parker 45 for about a month or so.

Those Parkers are way cool. If I didn't already have more pens than I reasonably use, I'd have that one on my radar to pick up.

Hi,

Well, I cannot seem to make myself shop for shaving stuff. I had to force myself this morning, and still quit early on. I was looking for a NEW to play with a unique replate scheme. Also an extra Old Spice mug.

Well, I sent an email to a guy I know who plays with razor replating to check his bits bins. If he has the bits, he can replate them and then I do not have to do it myself. Probably faster that way, since I only have until the 7th to find something. I just don't seem to want to spend time looking for the bits I want in the usual places like I used to.

The OS mugs I saw were all too costly for maybe needing one later on in the year. So, I have decided to just use a coffee mug in the event I wind up working away from home again. I did pick up a styptic pencil and a bottle of Lubriderm in case this happens. That was in the local drugstore, so it would have been cool here but not in the main restraint.

So, it looks like my way will be pretty clear in 2015!

Stan

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Just in case I decided I need more consumable supplies...just look here. When the hell did all of this stuff show up?

Top Bottom