What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Carbon Cx in copper with an Astra. Nice close shave with no issues.
Imagepipe_23.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
2nd shave with my new Blackland Blackbird Stainless Steel, Open Comb / Gillette Nacet

Compared to the first shave only the blade changed to a Nacet from a Feather. The major difference was... drumroll... my technique.

"Ride the cap, not the bar!"
+
"Use a very, very light touch!"

I did so, and lo behold, while the angle was a bit steep and while I constantly had to remind myself to ride the bar, it was surprisingly good.

The shave was as super close as it was first time, but without irritation after shaving or the teeth of the open comb stinging my face at all, which it did on my first shave with it. It was quite a shave against my lazy habits, you can even hold a R41 less steep without problems, the Blackbird OC doesn't like that.

I had to do some more cleanup than usual, as I was too much focused on truly riding the cap. But the result was fantastic. No irritation, nothing felt after applying alcoholic aftershave.

Very nice! I must do some more shaves with the Blackbird, it is not quite a natural fit for my shaving habits. It delivers stellar results.

Things that got confirmed again today: I am rather a dude that loves sitting at the bar than he does riding the cap. :001_tt2:

Well, guess I'm 3-4 shaves behind on the posting.....

Thursday 09/16/21: Cheat day, used the Gillette Sensor Fusion sent as a free sample a few years ago.

Friday 09/17/21:
Rockwell 6S R6 / Wilkinson Sword (German)
Proraso Green / RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Skin Bracer

Saturday 09/18/21:
Bic Titanium Hybrid 4 - Another cheat day
Proraso Green / RR 26mm Monster
Mentholated Witch Hazel
PDP 63 EDT

Today 09/20/21:
OneBlade Genesis (past 1 & 2) / Rockwell 3rd Pass
Stirling Electric Sheep / 30mm Tuxedo
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Stirling Green AS Splash
Stirling Green EDT

Results: BBS all days, but can't smell a darn thing! Vaccinated or not, I was picked up covid at work, thankfully mild, but sense of smell left over the weekend, can't smell a darn thing.

Top Bottom