What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 28th, 2020 - January 3rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
01/02/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements I Gingerbread Man Seasonal Artisan Shaving Soap Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Smart Helix Apollo Stainless Steel Razor UA19028 Mild Setting
Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements I Gingerbread Man Seasonal Artisan Aftershave Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!

View attachment 1202932
1/02/2020? Have you been using your time machine again?

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
proxy.php

1/02/2020? Have you been using your time machine again?
It is funny you ask because I was just discussing time travel with my daughter about an hour ago, along with the topics of the moon being made of cheese and how the world is flat. Just typical bad dad humor with her of course. Nevertheless, I am not sure what you are referencing. You made me think I posted the wrong year but I do have 21. Happy New year in any event.
Steve

It is funny you ask because I was just discussing time travel with my daughter about an hour ago, along with the topics of the moon being made of cheese and how the world is flat. Just typical bad dad humor with her of course. Nevertheless, I am not sure what you are referencing. You made me think I posted the wrong year but I do have 21. Happy New year in any event.
Steve
I put the wrong year! Probably not the first time that will happen. I was referring to your date of January 2nd. I think Michigan is still on the same day as Oklahoma where it is January 1st.

Good to hear you are keeping up your dad duties. I still do that with my daughter and she is 50.

I put the wrong year! Probably not the first time that will happen. I was referring to your date of January 2nd. I think Michigan is still on the same day as Oklahoma where it is January 1st.

Good to hear you are keeping up your dad duties. I still do that with my daughter and she is 50.
The post is correct and for 1/2/21. No mistake. My daughter is my baby of the bunch, but probably the most sensible out of the three. She will 15 very soon and I need shop for a birthday present. I think that will be my mission tomorrow. They do grow fast.
Steve

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Razor: Merkur Mergress (5; 2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (4)
Scent: Amouage Epic Man EdP

A week of scorching weather here in Perth; time for a nice cooling menthol shave, and what better than Stirling Lemon Chill Glacial.
The ring of death is growing in the tin, but still plenty enough for another few shaves. The ever reliable Savile Row brush quickly whipped up a bowl full of lather, and I began to attack an 8 day beard. I've been pushing a few deadlines of late, and hence shaving has been on the backburner. I dialed the Mergress up to '5'; the highest setting I have used to date, and away I went with the WTG pass. The vintage Spoiler blade effortlessly scythed down my beard; the only difference was having to pause maybe twice as often to rinse clean the razor head. Without doubt there was more blade feel on the '5' setting, but I never had the sense that it would "bite". I dialed it back down to my normal '2.5' for the XTG and ATG passes. Cold water rinse, followed by witch hazel and Myrsol Plastic Shave, and I was feeling really refreshed. Plastic Shave has a unique post-shave feel, due to the lactic acid content. Fantastic Stuff.

And speaking of fantastic stuff, the shave was crowned with a general dousing of Amouage Epic Man EdP. Epic indeed!

1609563990029.png

Preshave: Very warm water
Soap: Muhle Sandalwood
Post Shave: Tea Tree Witch Hazel Toner
Aftershave Prorasso Green Tea and Oat
Razor: Traditional Barber Wahl
Brush: Generic Dense Badger
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (4th shave)
Eau de Toilette: Good Life by Davidoff
Bowl: Something I picked up that I like

Comments: Blade holding up on 4th shave. Muhle produce a slick soap (with residual slickness) especially compared to the less slick MWF, very mild scent though. Good Life EDT, which I only use occasionally as it's sadly discontinued, gentlemanly scent with freshness and depth.

Sat 2nd Surf and Shave
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Glatz Super Platinum 1st (Replaced)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Thick creamy lather. Acceptable slickness and scent were just below mild.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was not good. The blade was tuggy and skipping. Replaced with a 5th used Personna Med prep before any incident. 3passes with no issues for a dfs+ to ccs result. Rating 9/10
20210101_134525.jpg

20210102_112406.jpg

Rockwell 6S Matte Black with Stirling Spice and Old Spice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R6, R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Rockwell (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (19)
Brush: Omega Jade Boar
AS: Proraso Red
ASB: Proraso Red Pre/Post (Used for Post only)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD : 2nd January 2021.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega Midget.
Face & Head Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade : Tiger Platinum. (1)
Razor: Mühle R41.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Denim Original ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week)

First Face & head shave of 2021.

After the long run with the Yaqi Katana razor i've decided to give my open comb razors a run out to start the new year off in style... Starting off with the assertive semi-open comb Muhle R41 paired together with the Tiger Platinum blade which was another great match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease....I have mentioned before in my past postings what a wonderful efficient razor the R41 is now that i have vastly improved my technique & gained my shaving confidence when shaving with this wonderful assertive Fräulein.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report.

My intended plan for 2021 , is to carry on adding soft & hardware items to my SOTD set ups that i haven't gave much attention to in the past and to try and curb my urges and make 'NO MORE' impulsive shaving related buying bouts this year. 'I always say the same thing,' but i'm going to do my best...with a few exceptions such as my birthday or if i really need it, which at this present moment in time i don't, so that'll be it for a good few months at least.

I've said this umteenth times "i've got what i need, not what i want"....I'm going try to keep to my word and start to appreciate more, and use up what i already have in my humble shaving den. Enough of my babble...

Having a vast variety of something isn't always a good thing, you can't appreciate it enough.

A wonderful shave to start the year off in style...Wishing you all good health peace, happiness and contentedness for 2021....Finishing the shave off with small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the first weekend of 2021 ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Full Body Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club (A&E) ~ Charlatans Traipse
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom