Not open for further replies.
C5412E0A-B68C-4F13-8D5A-76394D59E5C1.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Merkur 34 HD gold
Blade: Polsilver 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 26mm Two Band
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Result: BBS

And yet again a super smooth one with the Polsilver no nicks/weepers/irritations and it works well with a variety of my razors. I will retire it after the 5th use and will switch to a Gillette Platinum (dark blue/white/silver).

Friday, 1/1

20210101_115143.jpg

Razor - Colonial Silversmith
Blade - Feather
Brush - Craving Shaving "Woodstock" 26mm Duro
Soap - The Club Gentlemen's Club
A/S - The Club Gentlemen's Club

Probably the best shave I've ever had from the Silversmith. The Feather got me a crazy close shave, but the razor still feels mild on the face. A day later and there still isn't much to shave. This scent is just addictive to me. Even my wife commented favorably on it, which doesn't happen often. Just an incredible shave.

5B524CA1-86B5-41BB-BCE8-12EBB21F696A.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, JANUARY 2, 2021

Went out for my first bike ride after having broken my ribs a month ago. I’m still pretty sore, but at this point in life for me, if I don’t use it, I’ll lose it! It was just a local 10 mile loop, but it felt like 50 after not having ridden since the accident. My shave on the other hand was glorious, and readily lifted me out of cycling exhaustion! The Simmons Hardware 4/8 really holds an edge. Two sessions last night on the pasted strops and one on leather brought it right up to snuff. The mug shave was by the numbers and returned me to that wonderful sense of smooth we all enjoy in this great hobby. The LaResche 51 sealed the deal in its usual exemplary dome-clearing fashion. It’s really a shame LaResche no longer makes safety razors, because my two are easily amongst my best dome shavers. I feel refreshed, clean and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Simmons Hardware 4/8 (Mug), LeResche 51 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

SOTD, Saturday, January 2, 2020

Razor: Merkur Progress (setting 3.5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Starcraft 24mm Roswell Hybrid Brush
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD : 2nd January 2021.

View attachment 1203111

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega Midget.
Face & Head Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade : Tiger Platinum. (1)
Razor: Mühle R41.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Denim Original ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week)

First Face & head shave of 2021.

After the long run with the Yaqi Katana razor i've decided to give my open comb razors a run out to start the new year off in style... Starting off with the assertive semi-open comb Muhle R41 paired together with the Tiger Platinum blade which was another great match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease....I have mentioned before in my past postings what a wonderful efficient razor the R41 is now that i have vastly improved my technique & gained my shaving confidence when shaving with this wonderful assertive Fräulein.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report.

My intended plan for 2021 , is to carry on adding soft & hardware items to my SOTD set ups that i haven't gave much attention to in the past and to try and curb my urges and make 'NO MORE' impulsive shaving related buying bouts this year. 'I always say the same thing,' but i'm going to do my best...with a few exceptions such as my birthday or if i really need it, which at this present moment in time i don't, so that'll be it for a good few months at least.

I've said this umteenth times "i've got what i need, not what i want"....I'm going try to keep to my word and start to appreciate more, and use up what i already have in my humble shaving den. Enough of my babble...

Having a vast variety of something isn't always a good thing, you can't appreciate it enough.

A wonderful shave to start the year off in style...Wishing you all good health peace, happiness and contentedness for 2021....Finishing the shave off with small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the first weekend of 2021 ladies & gentlemen.😎

As long as no orders have been placed in 2021 you still could join in into the annual sabbatical in Order to make the "no more" real this time ;)

Friday, January 1, 2021
First Shave of the New Year.
A Late Night Shave

Preshave Prep: Shower & face wash with Mitchell’s Wool Fat Bath Bar
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Shave bowl/scuttle: Savanah Shave Scuttle
Brush: RazoRock 400 Plissoft knot
Razor: Rockwell 6S with plates 4 & 2
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 33
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat & glycerin
Aftershave Treatment: Bosomo Alum Block, Hyaluronic Acid & First Aid Moisturizer.
EDT: None since this was an 11 PM shave and my bed was calling
The Shave: After prepping with the Proraso, I loaded up my brush for 60 seconds and scraped the overflow lather from the Mitchell’s ceramic bowl and applied it to my face. I then put four drops of glycerin in the scuttle along with a few drops of water from my fingers and then began lathering. More water and more lathering three more times. I then applied the lather to my face and worked it into the stubble. I shaved XTG with a hot razor on plate 4. A warm water rinse, more lather and an ATG pass with plate 4. Another warm water rinse, flip the plate to plate 2. More lather and another ATG pass with plate 2. Another warm water rinse and a cleanup pass along the right jaw line and near each ear. Another warm water rinse. Each pass was riding the cap as much as possible and still making blade contact. With the 2 plate, it’s hard to tell when you are making contact since there is no feel to the blade. A final rinse with cold water, then the alum block followed a minute or so later with a cold water rinse. Wet the head, neck and ears and applied Hyaluronic Acid followed by First Aid Moisturizer.
Results: BBS shave with a lot of extra effort, but no weepers, nicks or cuts and no irritation. The blade was starting to tug and it didn’t want to cut. I binned the blade after this shave and loaded up a new Feather Hi-Stainless for tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, Jan2nd 2020

Razor: Kai style folding AC shavette- excellent made zamic razor, easy to clean, easy to hold and move around the face IMO.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard(7) excellent blade for learning or just shaving, easy to get a DFS>,Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity so far. The beauty of this blade is you can apply a little pressure and get nice results.
Soap: Haslinger Shafmilch- excellent lather qualities and a nice mild refreshing scent.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm-excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and good back bone for a scrub.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3+ pickups. WTG+ ATG + ATG +pickups. (excellent results today)
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS.DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Kai style AC folding razor+ Kai Protouch blade.
SOTD, Jan 2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

I've said this umteenth times "i've got what i need, not what i want"....I'm going try to keep to my word and start to appreciate more, and use up what i already have in my humble shaving den.

How many times have I said that? Well, I’m with you Brother. No more hardware and no more software except to replace what’s done. I will likely need some soap around August, and maybe some EDT. But I’ve got 300 Feather Hi-Stainless blades, so I’m set in hardware. I’ve had a hankering for another RazoRock 400 brush, but that will have to wait until next year.

20210101_085342.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1922 New Improved Gold Richwood
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Status
Not open for further replies.