What's new

What's for Dinner at Your House?

Pork chops, potatoes, and simple salad with apple cider vinegar dressing 👍

D63FC8D9-789B-419A-ADD8-4DBB61BE097A.jpeg
C757B4AF-97F6-4BDC-86BF-9E5EB027334A.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
By the 1980s people were pulling flounder out of Boston Harbor with large tumors and flesh diseases. The federal court ordered the harbor to be cleaned up and 30 years and a couple billion dollars later Boston Harbor is supposedly cleaner than it has been in nearly 200 years.
It's not as contaminated with tea ...

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Something along the lines of Cacio e Pepe made with bucatini, mushrooms, and shallots. Mesclun salad with vinaigrette. Wine TBD but leaning towards an Oregon Pinot Gris.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A little sesame oil heated in a deep pot; diced chicken and onion browned in the oil; 2 cups water, one cup barley, some soy sauce and a couple small garlic cloves, crushed; cover & simmer for 25-30 minutes, making sure it doesn't go dry; after 15-20 minutes simmering toss in most of a bag of frozen green beans; stir a few times; when the beans heat and soften turn off the heat but continue to let the barley 'open up' in the covered pot. Right now I'm just after tossing in the beans. I'll serve it with warm French bread and lashings of butter. Simple, easy, and delicious.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
A little sesame oil heated in a deep pot; diced chicken and onion browned in the oil; 2 cups water, one cup barley, some soy sauce and a couple small garlic cloves, crushed; cover & simmer for 25-30 minutes, making sure it doesn't go dry; after 15-20 minutes simmering toss in most of a bag of frozen green beans; stir a few times; when the beans heat and soften turn off the heat but continue to let the barley 'open up' in the covered pot. Right now I'm just after tossing in the beans. I'll serve it with warm French bread and lashings of butter. Simple, easy, and delicious.

I’ll try your recipe,@Owen Bawn

Top Bottom