What's new

Show and Tell: broken in boar brush

This Zenith I’ve had for 4 years or so. Love the thing! I use it for 90% of my shaves, and it just keeps getting better.

1DDBD245-372D-413A-863F-05B8F963D39E.jpeg

You're getting taken for a ride on the Williams. Where I shop it's 99 cents.

?? Why summer brushes?
I soak them in cold water and use a cold scuttle for a sloppy cold wet shave. They seem to provide a cooler and wetter experience than badger. Maybe is just me.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I soak them in cold water and use a cold scuttle for a sloppy cold wet shave. They seem to provide a cooler and wetter experience than badger. Maybe is just me.
Thanks. Boar do seem to convey the water temp more than other fibers.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yup! A fool and his money.... LOL

Actually, I'm surprised I can even find it on the shelf locally at any price.
The one I have is the only one I've ever seen in a store, at least since the 80's, ha.

The War Department was with me or I would have bought all they had on the shelf, around 3 or 4.

First time I have ever used Williams. Really good stuff. If the vintage is better, it might be better than Arko! Seriously, @BudgetShaverGuy !!!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The one I have is the only one I've ever seen in a store, at least since the 80's, ha.

The War Department was with me or I would have bought all they had on the shelf, around 3 or 4.

First time I have ever used Williams. Really good stuff. If the vintage is better, it might be better than Arko! Seriously, @BudgetShaverGuy !!!
The vintage gives a good lather quicker. Not saying the new won't give you a good lather, but it's harder to get and there is a bit of variance compared to vintage. I would say the vintage is like Arko in that it's quick and consistent. I don't think the shave from modern or vintage differs much if at all. Vintage Colgate is nice too.

FarmerTan

The vintage gives a good lather quicker. Not saying the new won't give you a good lather, but it's harder to get and there is a bit of variance compared to vintage. I would say the vintage is like Arko in that it's quick and consistent. I don't think the shave from modern or vintage differs much if at all. Vintage Colgate is nice too.
YOU SIR ARE AN ENABLER!!!

My two:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Envy Shave L, Turn N Shave R...I bought the TNS used and it's (fairly) broken in, which makes it nice to use. The Envy was a Christmas present, which means I've only used it 5-6 times. I did the cold water refrigerator treatment on that one because when I opened up the tube Christmas Eve, that thing felt like a ROCK, no joke. It's softened up quite a bit now and is my favorite of the two.

They're both in rotation, so they're only getting better with use.
Very nice.

My oldest boar still in use, and going strong, 10 year old Semogue 1305:

This morning, happy brush after a good shave:

View attachment 1068406

View attachment 1068407

Dry knot, 2018:

View attachment 1068408

Soft tips (most, among all boars I use) and perfect backbone.
That is a fine lookin' brush, friend. Also, this is a very nice photo set. It's going in my collection. I just ordered a 1305 and am now looking forward to a life long friendship...

pic 3: that coif tho

View attachment 1070466
Here's a pic of the brush you sent me. I FINALLY got around to trying it last week, and you must have done the hard work of breaking it in for me!

I was saving it for something special, so for the first time I used it, it was also the first time I used Williams. AWESOME combo, thanks for the kindness my friend!

Sincerely, Dave
I have this brush in yellow. Outstanding brush, especially for the price! It took so long to break in then one day, *poof* it just softened up and became like a pillow.

FarmerTan

I wonder if'n I could use a nice squirrel tail tip for a shaving brush?... Hmm...

Top Bottom